Here We Go

Kasey

Well, 4:00 today (Friday) we received the news. Fred's biopsy results are in. Prostate cancer :cry: . This is the one time I sure wish it had waited until Monday. Have special company coming tomorrow AM and could be staying until Thursday. Have LOTS of things going on and sure didn't need this. In fact tonight I have plenty of food to prepare and the garden has me perturbed since the rabbits have made 4 entire pots of flowers disappear. I am really in a whiny mood, aren't I?

We know nothing more other than the doc's office is setting up bloodwork, chest x-ray, and CT of liver and/or kidneys...........not sure which, for by this time we had almost stopped listening.

Thanks to Don Wood and Geri we are ready for Monday morning to get back on the horse and get going on a second opinion. Of course, we don't know what we will be offered here. BUT if it goes as my LC did, we are going to high-tail it somewhere else pronto.

So seems this Friday was not so good news all around. Tracy got hers too. In fact, I was talking to her on the phone when our call came. Geez........when it rains it sure does pour, ya know.

It is comforting to have this place to be tonight. I know it is for LC, but there is so much support, it really doesn't matter. Thanks for being here.

Love,

Kasey

Kasey, I have already sent a PM to Fred. The first thing you have to get in your head is "this is NOT lung cancer". Prostate cancer is much more slow growing than LC and is not as much an immediate threat. So you have to have different thinking when you deal with PC. The procedures they are prescribing are the normal ones. PC metastasizes to the bones generally. Seeing Fred's info, I don't think that is the case here - I expect the scans to be clear. I will stay in close touch with Fred (and you) through all this. LC is a mountain; PC is a molehill. Get it? You two can handle this. Blessings. Don

I am so sorry to hear the news :( I hope everything is clear and this weekend hang on to Don's words b/c he is right, prostate is much more slow growing.

Hang in there. I know you are not in the mood for company, but maybe the distraction will help make the time go faster till Monday.

Kasey and Fred,

It just doesn't seem fair does it? Hang on to what Don Wood said. This will probably be something that can be taken care of once and for all. Gee, I wish I had some comforting words for both of you. About all I can add are my prayers.

Thinking of both of you.

Nina

((((KASEY)))) (((FRED))))

I am so so sorry!!!! I want to say so much more, but I can't think through the tears.

I know in my heart that Fred can beat this. Prostate cancer treatments have been having such great results and successes.

It just breaks my heart that you are going through this. I love you both so much.

Please let Fred know I am praying for him. If there is ANYTHING I can do for you both, I am here (and at the drop of a hat I could be there too)

Oh, Kasey (and Fred, too), I can't even imagine how upset you must be. I'm sure glad Don Wood is here to give you guys his words of encouragement. He sure convinced me!

I'll bet you feel like kicking those flower pots clear across the yard. Give me a minute to get my rifle and I'll even shoot those dadblasted varmit rabbits if that will make you feel better. :cry:

Love and hugs,

Peggy

Kasey and Fred, I am so sorry the news wasn't better. But I sure agree with Don W. Now you know I have not had PC (LOL) but at my age I know many, many who have had it or have it. It is so treatable, so curable. I remember Earl's onc say that PC was like 95% curable, that is right curable.

So try and enjoy your special guests and put off the PC thoughts until you can do something about it.

My good friend who is a professor of critical care nursing at Villanova researched the best docs for PC when her brother was dx'd. She had him go to the UofP hospital. May be a place to start for second opinion. I will see if I can get the name of the dr.

I am also sorry to see that Tracy did not have good news.

P.S. Shoot the damn rabbits.

Much llove to you and Fred and This is very treatable and beatable. Have a brother in law Formerly I guess who is 12 years out after falling over the side of his boat the Drs found he had Prostate Cancer. 12 YEARS and counting every Day that passes. Don't hurt the Honey Bunnies THey are just hungry for something to snack on.

WOW!!! :shock: This is so sad to hear. It's sad because you two have had enough of this cancer crud hanging around you.

There really IS GOOD NEWS on this though, Prostate cancer is VERY VERY VERY CUREABLE and TREATABLE. I have 3 Uncles that went through it, one went through his treatments 11 years ago, another did his 6 years ago, and the other started 14 months ago and the good news is, they are ALL STILL HERE and doing just fine! :wink:

It's just having to go through all this crud! :roll:

((((((KASEY & FRED)))))))

Oh Kasey.....I'm so sorry to hear this news.

You just keep your chin up because the two of you are going to get through this. Fred will beat it!!!!

I'm praying that Monday will bring a little relief and you can get a game plan in place.

I'm praying so hard for both of you.

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

So sorry to hear this bad news. Hopefully, it will be an easy cure, compared to LC. But, the whole thing just sucks anyways. Wish you the best and hope you get some better news with a 2nd opinion. I know it is the least of your problems, but maybe putting out something noisy to keep the rabbits away from your plants and maybe they will go eat something else like clover, which I think is what they are supposed to eat. We have coyotes & foxes around here that have greatly reduced the number of rabbits we have, so I really miss them and am so excited when I finally get to see some. Take Care, Patty