Wow, so this is the alternative?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori, I just want you to know that I am thinking of you and my heart is breaking for this difficult time you are going through. I'm remembering you and your mom in my prayers. You are a very brave gal. There have been so many things through this journey that you doubted you would be able to do. Guess what? You were able to handle each and every obstacle with bravery because of the deep love you have for your mother. Lori, I know this is hard but I have faith in your love and strength!

Lori:

I'm so glad to read that your mom is comfortable. You're gonna' cherish the memory of that "I love you" too. It's a very hard time for you, but I swear it's like there is something sacred about what you're doing (what we all do as caregivers at this stage of the journey). Having no regrets is a good thing too -- you'll find that to be an important basis of peace and comfort for you later on.

Remember that your mom can still hear you and may feel your touch, even if she can't respond.

With all the love and support I can offer,

Linda

Lori, I am so sorry. Your love for your mom as she has fought this battle has touched my heart. One of the reasons I come here everyday is to see how you are doing.

Hold your memories of better times tightly in your heart. You have done your best to help your mom through this, and you will always have that in your heart.

Sending big hugs your way.

Lori-

Being able to say you did everything you could and you have no regrets is a tribute to the vast amount of love you have for your mom. I am sorry for what you are going through...much love is being sent your way.

Rochelle

Dear Lori,

As i read your last post i begin to cry seeing and feeling your love and pain, as i have felt since i lost my father 3 1/2 months ago. I cry for your loss and your pain. My thoughts and prayers are with your for the days and weeks to come. Remember the love and keep strong for your family.

God bless you and your family.

Cathy

I am so sorry to hear this news now.I wish There was somwething to say or do but I know words are preetty much worthless right now deep down inside. I will say a prayer for everyone from under the starry Carolina skies tonite for you Lori. Take joy in that Mom is surrounded by love and Joy now and the people who love her so much and will alweays have happy and joyous memories of your Mom. She is proud of you and everytning you have done to help her in this fight and the love you have given through all this time and hardship. Prayers, Peace, Love And Joy to everyone during this tumultuos time in Life.

Lori,

My heart is also breaking for you. Let's hope she does have more lucid moments as she develops more tolerance to the pain meds. You've done so much for her and she's been through so much, she's definitely a fighter. I'll pray that you have more time with her.

Take care as best as you can.

Guest mary v

Lori, I'm new to this community and my head is just spinning as I read your story. I hope I can be the daughter you are for my sweet mother and find the strength you've displayed. I'm praying for you and your mother to get through this with continued strength.

Mary, Long Island, NY

Lori, I am so proud of the way you are accepting things right now. It's the hardest position to ever be put in, but you're on the right track. My father, too, was surrounded by people he loved the last few days of his life. What better way to transition than that? Give her loads of hugs and kisses. Talk to her. You never know...she may still hear you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Your post brought me to tears for more than one reason..I can relate on SO many levels that just pierce my aching heart!

You refer to putting your life on hold and not regretting one single moment and feeling honored to have cared for her and to have been cared about by her ... to all of this I shake my head in agreement as the tears roll! I too felt exactly this same way about my Dad. I often said to people who would remark about my "scarifices" during his journey, "he is my Dad, he has cared and scarified for me my entire life - how could I not now do the same. Besides caring for him is not a scarifice,I feel truly honored to be able to do so." I meant this with all my heart and know that you do too and so does your sweet mama!!

Even though mama may be in a coma Lori, I believe that what they say about hearing being the last thing to go is true! I know that I could talk to Dad and he would try so very hard to respond (I could watch his eyebrows raise and lower as if he were verbally responding). His breathing would slow and tension would dissappear from his face when I would talk to him. Talk to her Lori, tell her how much you love her and are proud of her courage in this battle..she will hear you and it will do you both good.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you travel this painful path. I pray that God holds your family close and grants you peace as you begin this new leg of your journey.

Cindy

I am sorry Lori. You have a wonderful relationship with your mother and you will cherish all the memories for the rest of your life. You are holding her close in your heart and she will always be there. Prayers for your mother, you and your family.

Nina