Mom:(

dawn79

My mom passed away at about 1:40 yesterday afternoon. I am at a complete loss of words. I don't know what to do or say.

My dad is a complete wreck. I know I have to be strong for him, but it's so hard. He's lost the love of his life, and there's nothing I can do to make him feel better. I'm worried about him and his health.

On a slightly more positive note, I think my mom waited for me to get to the hospital. I arrived late (about 1:15) and she died at 1:40. She knew how much I loved her. That I know for sure.:)

If anyone has any advice on how to get through this rough time, please let me know. I'm at a loss.

Dawn, I am so sorry for your loss and I totally understand. My mom passed away on Thursday night. My dad is a wreck as well and I have been there for him for the last few days but I still worry about him and his health. We now have the visitation and memorial service behind us but I think the hard part is just beginning. I have been too distracted and busy to really think too much.

Make sure you get as much rest as you can because the next few days are going to be unbelievably exhausting. Take care of your dad but don't forget that you need to take care of yourself too.

I will be thinking of you.

xx

I am sorry you lost your mom, and I can relate much with your dad. I lost my wife to LC about 8 weeks ago. I just take it a day at a time, and do what I need to do for me. I am also in a grief support group, which helps me. We all need to talk about our loss to someone. It helps the healing. Take care. Don

Dawn, I am so sorry. I know there is nothing as great as a Mom.

Advice. I wish I had some. I am in week 5 of this myself. I think it just hurts. Don't grow impatient with yourself for not "being strong" or not "getting better".

Don't be surprised if you feel numb at some point.

Don't be surprised when one minute you are OK, and the next you aren't.

Grieving, so I am discovering, is a rollercoaster, and I am not rushing it. Take your time and know we are here.

Again, I am truly deeply sorry.

(((((Dawn)))))

even after 6 months, I am reeling at moments, there is something about a mother daughter bond.

I wish I had some good advice, just know that there are prayers being said for you and your family and there will come a day, when it still hurts, but it won't knock you down every moment.

I am so sorry.

Dawn,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom.... as for grieving, we all do it so differently and there is no "right" way or "wrong" way to grieve. The best advice I can give you is to "go with what your feeling".... don't try to squelch it... and just let it all out. You will get stronger.... Again, I am so very sorry.

Dawn,

So very sorry about the loss of your Mom. I'm 22 years down the road from my Mom's death, but can still remember the acute pain I felt for my Dad and myself. I think Nick C. hit the raw emotions on the head. It does get easier, but it takes a lot of time. Make sure you take care of yourself (and your Dad) during the difficult grieving times ahead.

Someday you will remember the happy times and the disease won't dominate your memories of your Mom. I know this doesn't help now.

(((Hugs)))

Welthy

I too lost my Mom fairly recently and am concerned about my Dad as well. I think it's important to just be with him as much as you can and for him to know that he can come to you whenever he needs to. My Dad seems to just want to get out of the house as much as he can. I live 5 hours away and my Brother is much closer so Dad spends a lot of time with him.

Put one foot in front of the other and time will move on. Praying for you and your Dad.

Shauna

Dawn, I'm so very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your father. I lost my mom several years ago, but I can still recall how lost I felt, as did my Dad. I just let him know that I was there for him. As for getting through it, Nick's comments hit home. It takes time, but it will get easier.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Susan

I am so sorry to read this news.

My Dad passed away just over 6 weeks ago and I understand the loss and not knowing how to move on.

You will and so will your Dad, your mother will never leave you or your dad's hearts, but I guess the way to go on is to think that that would be what they would've wanted. My Dad would be very upset if we didn't. It doesnt make it any easier sometimes, but for me it does help.

I wish you all well.

Chris