She's gone.......

Steph74

I always hoped I would never have to post in this category, but here I am. My beautiful, courageous mother passed this morning at 6:30 AM, she died with me by her side. She was strong and independent until the very end - as she was throughout life. I will post more later, I still can't believe this happened....

http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2252154

(Mom's everlasting memorial)

The following is the obituary:

Jackie L Anderson, age 56, passed away at home January 21, 2008 after a courageous battle with lung cancer. She is the beloved mother of Stephanie (Andy) Blake, devoted grandmother of Sofia. Fond sister of Brenda (Scott) Mueller, Colleen (Doug) Hall, & Leon (Debra) Coberley. Daughter of Leon & Arlene Coberley. In lieu of flowers contributions to the Lungevity Foundation www.lungevity.org or Working to Cure Ataxia www.cureataxia.org would be appreciated.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Stephanie, it pains me to read this. I am so genuinely sorry as I have followed you Carepages now and feel so helpless to find any words of comfort for you. As I have stated before........whoever wrote the book of fair....I would love to have a chat with. May the strength of your wonderful mother be present within you to help you through this very difficlult time

Kasey

Oh, Stephanie! I am so sorry about your precious mom. She did lots of amazing things in the short time during her diagnosis and treatment. What a warrior she was. I am sad this happened just shy of her two-year mark. I can tell by the way she wrote in her journal, she was just like my mom. God bless her.

(((Steph)))

Please accept my condolences. My thoughts and prayers go out to you during this most difficult time . May God grant you peace in the coming days.

You were the first person to P.M. me when I first came to this board. You, as everyone here, has helped me during some difficult times. I followed your posts on your beautiful and courageous mother, and you were both in my prayers daily. Please let our love and understanding be a strength to you now.

Teresa