Lucie's Report

Don Wood

I hesitated to report here, because the news is not NED, but it is close enough. Lucie had a chest x-ray and a total bone scan last Friday. The chest x-ray came back clear. The bone scan shows no new growth, except for a small spot on her second right posterior rib (by the shoulder blade). Since she is not hurting there, the onc says he does not think it is anything to be concerned about at this time. We will see him in two weeks and possibly have an x-ray of the area or something. She continues with the once-a-month Zometa IV. She is doing well on the morphine cutback (we are down to 30mg a day) and she is not hurting, so that is a very good sign. Thanks for all your prayers and concern. I think this holidays will be so much better than last year. Don

Don,

I have been waiting for you to post and just read your other post where the Onc's phone lines were down!! Thought I would have to wait longer for the results so was glad to see this...

So glad to hear that Lucie is doing so well!! Both of you deserve to have some happiness...and it couldn't be a better time of year for it! :)

Best regards to both of you....

Wow, that was quick I just left the other site and jumped on here and there you were. That's great Don!!! I'm so happy for you and Lucie. Looking forward to a very Blessed Holiday Season. I'm sure for me the first snowflake I see ( which per the weather will be Monday) will be one of the most beautiful things to see and to remind how blessed we all are.

It's truly amazing how going through the tough stuff makes things that once seemed simple truly one more of God's gifts.

Guest Karen C.

Don,

Good news. I think you two will have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas. Especially if Lucie's pain is subsiding.

You guys are great, I wish you much happiness through the Holidays!

God Bless,

Karen C.

Don:

What great news to lead everyone into the holidays! I'm fairly new to this site, but everyone has been so warm & loving and help keep my spirits strong. Always uplifts me to hear great news shared by others. I've also learned so much from this board. I keep my parents updated since they don't have connection at home and they are learning a lot as well. You and Lucy need to celebrate and wishing you a blessed holiday season -- you deserve it!

Don, sorry for a bit out of your topic, but I really want to tell you that I REALLY like you and Lucie, from your picture, you both looks so KIND and NICE.....I adore you both coz I really hope one day, I could have a happy marriage life like yours while my husband and I were at your age. Everytime when I see old couples walking on the street hand in hand and they loves each other very much, I am SOOOO touched.

happy Thanksgiving Day and enjoy!!!