and now...............2009

Kasey

Oldtimers here know my story. I joined LCSC in November, 2004 because DonnaG and mhutch each were pancoast tumor survivors. I was dx as lllb nsclc in September, 2004, and until that day, in November, had a prognosis that did not exceed the first blooms in the spring of 2005.

I know many here at LCSC find it a comfort and safe place to be with caring and knowledgable individuals. But I know it as my life saving place. Because of it, on January 4, 2005 I underwent an almost 9 hour cutting edge, innovative surgery which, if successful, would save my life, and if not.....well.

Thank you, Katie, for your support of ALL lung cancer folks. Without your website I am certain I would have realized those first 3 prognoses.

Many of those I knew when I first came here are MIA or have moved 'up' to a better place. To those newer folks who I know a little or not at all..........there is always hope and here is the place to receive the knowledge and support so needed at this time.

THANK YOU, Miss Katie, for over 4 years that have been incredible ones. You know, or at least I HOPE you can begin to know, the depth of my gratitude. My doctor believes I have the best chance to see this time next year..... and then hopefully many more. I am blessed and grateful and humble.

There has been a cyber pub here for years run by a Miss Cindi O'H, who was my friend. I took over a while ago and it has not been frequented too much lately. Please come and allow me to thank each of you for all you contribute here for those who need it so much. Everything will be on the house and I will celebrate each of you no matter where you are on this journey.

With much love to ALL who read this site,

Kasey

Kasey, my dear friend, may I raise a toast high for this momentous anniversary. I have retold your story so often about the importance of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions.

I haven't gotten to the General forum yet, but have you picked a March date yet?

Your story is a wonderful story of hope and inspiration for all who visit here.

First I wish to Congratulate you on your Surgery Date! I for one am so very glad you proved them wrong and beat the odds. Simply WONDERFUL!

I also remember when you joined LCSC and how excited you were to meet DonnaG and Maryanne. I remember the hope and the fight they instiled in you and how concerned they were for you during that time. You three band together and well, the story has a very happy ending, your all still here with us. HOORAY!

It's been an honor and a previlage to get to know you and to have you apart of my life. Your a Wonderful Friend! I wish you many wonderful happy and healthy years Kasey.

You ARE an INSPIRATIONS!

I'll stop by the PUB later and celebrate your milestone along with the good company of friends for all these years. We've really come a long ways baby!! :wink:

Mix one for me!!! I'll take a very strong water on the rocks with a splash of lime. You didn't notice but I never left the the pub....Was asleep in a corner waiting for the party.. Now awake and ready to get my boogie on with all my buddies here!!!

Love ya Kasey!!

xoxo

Jamie

Hi Kasey. I would love to join you in the pub. A merlot please. Congrats on your anniversary. And...my sincere thanks to you for continuing to be such a great support on this site for all, including us relative newbies. I know you are lurking out there if I ever need you. Take care my friend and many many more.

Sandra

Kasey, I am so glad you found us! I am so glad you went for more opinions! I am so happy that you are celebrating 4 yrs since surgery and soon to be 5 yrs since diagnosis!!!!!!!!!!!. Some day I pray I will meet you in person. You are such a blessing to all of us at this site.

Donna G

...and it seems like you JUST joined!

Kasey, it's been great to be a part of the journey with you. It's amazing how a site formed for people in a bad place can be such an oasis of hope and SANITY.

Cheers to you, Kasey, and the darn daffodils! (Love 'em, just can't share an enclosed space with 'em.)

xxoo,

Becky

And they were dancin and singin and movin to the groovin,

And just when it hit me somebody turned around and shouted.

Look at the LC survivor,

look at that survivor daaaance,

Look at that LC survivor,

Lay down and boogie and play that LC survivors song all night.

Way to go Kasey!!

Too the PUB!!

Denise

Kasey,

I looked in the dictionary and under the word perseverance, I saw your name. I was in training at a nice resort in western upper Michigan when you first posted. I didn't have a laptop at the time so I was using the lobby computer. My Dad was in the throes of his disease and I cried as I read your post. It was not tears of sadness, but tears of joy.

You did you not take no for an answer, you triumphed and prevailed over this disease. That encourages newcomers. If there is a will there is a way and you're a shining example. Congratulations Kasey, and I'm glad I'm able to share life with you at this moment in time.

Now, done with the sappy stuff....I'll have a Bud Ice Please :D

Cheers to my favorite old broad, has it really been 4 years already..........seems like yesterday/a lifetime ago that we met on this site and your future was so unsure.

Well look at you now, 4 years down the pike and still on the green side of the sod - ain't life grand! Who'da thunk it?

Take care my friend and know that you are much loved.

Geri

Dear Kasey,

I love sharing the joy with you, and I'll have a cabernet, please. :lol:

"Never saying never" is a favorite of mine. You exemplify that motto in a another sense. You persisted until you advocated fully for yourself, and made it happen. Awesome.

You are an inspiration - no doubt about it.

Congratulations,

Barbara

Kasey - you are one classy lady and well loved by everyone. As a relative newbie I want to tell you that your posts always lifted my spirits and you have a special place in my heart. Your generous and giving spirit are so appreciated. Today I celebrate with you the joy that you are still watching the flowers bloom.

I'll wait until it's at least after 12 until I order a glass of wine at the pub (I don't want to get a bad reputation :D ).

Hugs, Linda