6 YEARS!!!!

Debi

My 6 year anniversary was last Monday.

Like my friend Gail, so much has happened this last year. Probably the biggest event was that the position that I relocated for 2 1/2 years ago is gone- my company is outsourcing most of their work to Central America and closing all their call centers. The timing was bad for my site - the lease came up and the company decided not to renew. I was offered another position, but I thought it was time to take my severance and run and find something new. How amazing huh? That I actually think these days that there are NEW things out there waiting to be done!! By ME!!! :-) IN the meantime I am taking at least the summer off to roam with my son, how lucky am I to have the opportunity to do that??

I remember a few years ago when I reluctantly bought a car, when it was so hard to plan for a future. I had said that I hoped eventually I would feel confident enough in my future to buy a house - and 2 months ago I did so, I bought a condo. The payments are reasonable enough that I will be able to survive- my main objective was to downsize so that I could pay the bills even if I don't find a comparable job to the one I left.

I also lost weight this past year, so far I lost 62 pounds and want to lose 25 more. I hardly put the TV on anymore, my once nightly escape has faded into the background this year as I have begun to participate fully again in real life. Oh, and I got two more ladybugs tattooed on my hand this past week.

I have decided that the future holds good things for me. I didn't survive for it not to. And if good things don't come my way, then I just have to go find them-how exciting is that? :-)

Finally, my life is fun again.

Congratulations on your 6 years Debi and I certainly wish you and all of us many, many more. I love your positive attitude about life. Life is wonderful.

Carol

Debi-

Congrats on your 6 year mark - what an inspiration to all the other people on this board.

Love your new avitar with your son - hope you enjoy the time off with him.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Debi,

I've been thinking about you lately as it's turned another year for both of us. Congratulations on all the good things going on in your life right now and the fantastic attitude! I know you will accomplish anything you set out to do.

Now, are you going to let us in on your secret to that fantastic weight loss? 8)

Take care and keep us posted on your adventures.

Cindy

Debi, congratulations on your sixth year. You are truly a breath of sunshine with an amazing outlook on life. Congratulations for that too and the weight loss, wow. Enjoy the summer with your beautiful sun. A lovely photo.

And Cary, I'd like to hear more also. I have the same dx as your dad.

Judy in Key West

Wow, what an exciting summer you've got to look forward to. This brand new Debi sure has a lot going for her, the sky's the limit but be sure and check in from time to time so that we can travel vicariously with you.

Take care and enjoy your freedom.

Geri

:P:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::P

Debi, I'm so happy for you and your son. Six years ago, who would of thought we'd be here now. You've made so many changes in the last year or so, too. Hope you love your new home and your summer being a stay-at-home Mom. It's a nice life.

Now for your weight. Congratulations. How did you lose so much? I can't imagine that you even gained that much. Enjoy all your new clothes, etc.

Muriel

Sorry about the confusion, something must have happened to my profile between my last post in Feb 2005 and now. My Father passed away in Nov. 2004 from sepsis. Everything was going fine cancer wise for the most part though, just some low dose treatments to keep everything small/gone.

I can't seem to update my email address in my profile, does anyone have a trick on how to get it to work?

Debi, Debi - congratulations girl - six years and many more to go! What a great life you have been making for yourself - I am glad you are enjoying all the moments (and adding lady bugs to your collection!)

Ahhh, so the tv is the darn culprit for my weight gain - mmmm, more exercise, less couch potato activity - I think I will try that!!! :) You make me want to run outside and do something though.

Enjoy the summer with your son. It was great to hear from you!!!

Fondly, Linda

Holy cow, Debi, you lose more weight and a stiff breeze could blow you to the seaboard!

It's great to still see you here, girlfriend, after six years! If you ever get up close to this way and want to have an unemployment lunch, let me know, I'm still living on my severance from the January "fun" here.

Wonderful to see you shift your butt into fun and enjoying yourself. Sure does take a while for a pessimist to shift mindset, huh?

Love ya,

Becky

Wow - good for you, Debi!!! You get out there and live life BIG for now. Could you ever have imagined 6 years - 6 years ago????? I'm coming up on 5 myself and sometimes that thought just takes my 'limited' breath away!

Enjoy the time off and good luck when you decide to join the work force again. I'm sure there 's someting just waiting for you! Thanks for coming by with such great news.

Kasey

Congratulations on your 6th year milestone. Some of that ride was bumpy, but you made it. Your a fighter and I knew you would come through with flying colors. I'm very happy for you.

I wish you all the best on your lifes choices. I hope that all works for you the way you would like for them too.

Best wishes to you and your son.

Connie