Who Wudda Thought????

Kasey

It seems so many 'oldtimers' just aren't here posting for one reason or another. They were the ones who 6 years ago supported and rallied round me upon my dx. So...........for the many new folks who do not know my story, you can find it in the 'My Story' forum - Kasey's Story viewtopic.php?f=47&t=15264

Knowing some background will enable you to understand my profound joy and gratefulness that it has been 6 years today since I was officially dx'd with LC. I would say there has been plenty of 'light at the end of my tunnel' as opposed to what the docs here told me.

This website literally saved my life. I hope my survival can bring hope to those of you feeling hopeless and lost. And not an anniversary can go by without SHOUTING to dear Miss Katie for this wonderful place and Donna and mhutch for leading me in the right direction.

Love to all of you - old and new.

Kasey

Congratulations Kasey and you are so what you said about this website is so very true. You were one of the people along with Katie and ConnieB and others who helped me to cope with it all in the beginning. THANK YOU :D:D:D

Carol

Hi Kasey,

Just submitted a post for you and it just disapeared? I will start again,sorry you might end up with two versions of this?

I just wanted to say thank you for being here,I have read all your postings since I arrived,and always felt the better of them.Six years survival is just great,we can all benefit from reading your success story,wishing you many more years of posting here.Tell Fred I was asking for him and also Dunoon is still here waiting for a return visit.

Writing my presentation speech to-night for the Roy Castle lung Cancer Annual Advocates conference in Manchester this Thursday,I will be thinking of all of you here, when I am on that stage,bye for now.

Big congratulations you say thanks to those a little longer out to you and I say you are one who has helped me. Every day that someone has a milestone - gives us all a little hope and if you are like me it's like a little pressure off the chest knowing it is even possible. I am so thankful to have found this sight - and I look forward to saying congratulations to you again next year!!!

Annette

Well, I'll be durned.......it's that woman who took us to Intercourse, PA !!

Richard has tried to make the grilled lettuce wedge salad he enjoyed so much but it just tastes like semi burned lettuce! We'll have to go there again and take more notice of his plate next time.

So good to hear from you, six years - wow :D:D

Congratulations my friend, here's to many more.

Geri

Oldtimer checking in here!(LOL)

Many, many congratulations Kasey! I know your story so well because I was here to read about all the twists and turns you suffered during diagnosis and treatment, and now look at you!

Six years is just awesome news and I am so happy for you. Stay healthy and celebrate this one in a big way!

I hope we can get together sometime again. It seems like yesterday were were together in Chicago and at Katie's in Dallas, but it's been quite a while now, I guess! Time flies when you're feeling good, right?

My best to Fred too,

Cindy

Congratulations Kasey on 6 years! I knew you could do it! You still have a bit to catch up with me though, I'll be 13 years in December!

You also have been such an inspiration to those here at the support group, you are wonderful. So happy you found us , found a great doctor and treatment, and stuck around to help others. You are great.

sincerely, Donna G

Rochelle you're a freaking genius! The hell with the beer, it's been one of those days so I'll just take that very large bottle (new one too!) of Bailey's from our fridge and I'll do a BYOB and meet you there.

Are you joining us Kasey? I'll share my Bailey's as long as I can drink from the bottle with a very long straw and everyone else has a very small glass!! :lol::lol:

Is this happening soon..........I have a walk meeting to go to tonight!

Now for a shameless plug - Boston Lung Cancer Walk, November 6th, Castle Island, South Boston.

Thank you Kasey for allowing me to plug our walk. :oops:

I love you kiddo.

Geri

A BIG Congrats to you, Kasey!

Wishing you many many many years of continued good health. You, your beautiful niece Tracy, and Randy were some of the very first people I met on this wonderful site. So many people were such a big help to me during my sister's battle with LC. I value your friendships. Although I don't post much anymore, I'm always checking in. Thanks for sharing your great news. Ellie

Kasey, CELEBRATE CELEBRATE those six years. Then celebrate again for all the oldies and newbies you drew with this thread. I'm sort of a middle child, not an oldie or a newbie but one who was lucky enough to meet you. Hope we can find a midpoint between Kutztown and Lancaster to meet again next year. Good going woman!

Judy in KW

Kasey - fashionably late (or just too lazy to get here on time) but I am sending HUGE congratulations your way on six years and counting.

I remember when I first joined here the posts with your smiling face were one of the ones I couldn't read enough about. I am so happy that you reached this milestone -not without heartache along the way I know, but you have given much inspiration to so many and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hugs,

Linda