thanks everybody

beckyg

I wanted to post one more time with Becky's login to show off that beautiful picture. We are doing okay. The memorial service was beautiful, including Becky getting to roll her eyes one more time as my father overdid it on his eulogy. The highlight was a slideshow that one of our cousins made of old family photos, which was projected onto the screen throughout. Is there a way to post files? It was in powerpoint, and I am sure that many would like to see it.

Many great stories were told, like the first time she cooked for me I vomited for 36 hours. Or the time Katie locked Becky into her bedroom or ....

Katie is sad, but doing better than I would have thought. My grandmother died in December, which gave us a chance to ask and answer many questions that have helped her understand a little bit of what is happening. Last night was our first night alone after the family left, and we did okay. There was one time when I was about to lose my temper, and I could just feel Becky grabbing my arm the way she would when I was steaming, and telling me I just don't have the luxury of anger right now. And then I was better, and Katie was better, and it was bedtime.

Please keep praying for us.

We have set up a scholarship in Becky's memory at Trinity University. She won the Outstanding Junior Award from the math department a couple of months after we started dating. The award has always been a book and lunch with some of the professors. Dry reading and dry people, as she called it. Well, now it will have some teeth. If you are interested in contributing, please make sure Becky's name is on there somewhere, and send it to Trinity University, 1 Trinity Place, San Antonio, TX 78212.

Again, thanks so much for everything.

Curtis

Curtis-

Thank you so much for the courtesy of sharing a bit more of Becky with us once again. The memories have to be poignant, but I pray they sustain you and Katie as you work through your grief. Condolences are cold comfort but are extended, nonetheless.

Curtis,

Thank you for posting. Maybe if there is someway you could get Rick to help you get the Power Point on here so that we can all see that would be very nice. We all loved Becky so much. She was an insoiation and a breath of fresh air. She is missed by all of us....

I know it will be hard to take care of a little one, but you can do it. When your patience run short, just stop for a moment and say a little prayer asking Jesus to help and guide you. It works every time. God does answer our prayers. You and Latie are both in my prayers each day...

Please keep posting and let us know how you and Katie are doing. We are here for support for you always...

God Bless, prayers & hugs for you and Katie,

Karen

Curtis,

Becky would have loved what you all did at her wake.

Keep remembering that little Katie will have some real strong issues with dying beings grandma and Becky are now gone. She will probably hang on to you real good and tight. Just pat her head and love her for she is part of what Becky left to you. YOu will need her as much as she needs you.

If you ever need to talk about anything, you can pm me. I am an old grandma who has a good listening ear. Sometimes it helps to be able to let it out. God speed.

Thanks so much for taking the time to check in with us. There will be lot's of hard days ahead, but one thing about kids is they sure can take your mind off things. We've had some hard days that our daughter quickly turned around. Please stick around, we're all here for you.

Love,

Rochelle

Curtis,

Thank you for posting. I would love to see the tribute of Becky's life. I appreciate you sharing your stories of Becky wth us. I hope that you pop in from time to time to let us know how you and Katie are getting on. We are here to comfort you, and in so doing are comforted ourselves. I really admired your Becky, and can only imagine what it must be like for you and your daughter to be with out her. Please PM me if I can be of any help. I wish that there was something I could do. Her death came as such a shock to us all. I just feel like all her doctors let her down and failed her. I am sorry.

Cheryl

Curtis - Thank you so much for allowing us to be part of Becky's life one more time. I would be honored to view your power point presentation.

The days ahead will not be easy I am sure, please know that you are still in our thoughts and prayers. We are always here if you need us. Love, Sharon

Curtis,

Thank you for re-posting her picture. I had found myself searching for her old posts just to see her beautiful smile once again.

I am a fifth grade teacher and every time I teach a math class now, I think of Becky. (I particularly thought of her last week when a former student of mine--now a seventh grader--came to me for homework help because their teacher had left for the day. It brought to mind some of what she said in her article in the paper.) I wish I'd been lucky enough to have her as an instructor!

Our thoughts are with you and Katie now--please come back to us if we can be of any assistance.

Much love from a distant stranger,

Melinda

Curtis, thank you for letting us know how you are doing. I can't imagine how hard this is, or will be. I wish I could offer you and Katie more than my prayers and support. We are all here for you, and hope that you feel up to letting us know how you are doing from time to time. Or if you just need to yell, or cry, or share a story. We're here. And Becky will be missed so much. Your little girl is a huge part of her.

I really am so sorry. Please try and take care, Deb

Thank you for posting your message with Becky's picture. I have not been here long enough to put faces (or pictures) with names but I recognized Beckyg. You and your family, especially Katie, are in my prayers. I enjoyed reading Becky's posts and felt an amazing strength come through in her words. Thank you for the update and it would be great to hear how you are both doing as you are able.

I can see by all the posts that your Becky has left a great deal of foot prints in the hearts of many.