My husband Tom

Cindy RN

I don't know how else to ask this but to just ask. We need your prayers. My husband Tom has been having some colon problems, some pain and a lot of bleeding in the stools. He did not say anything to me until last week. I got him into our family DR and the exam was not good. There was blood in the stool specimen they took. Tom's family has a history of this. The soonest he can see the colon Dr is the end of the month for a consult.

The nurse in me knows too much. All the symptoms for colo-rectal cancer are there. I have not said much to him about this but I know where this may lead.

Please I --we--he--need your prayers. This is one thing I don't know that I can bear. He is my life and has been my soul mate now for almost 17 years.

Please pray for him.

In His Precious name, Cindy

Cindy

I sure will say prayers. There are many things it could be--and even if it is the Beast--it more than likely has been caught early. I know you have so much on your mind, so I will also pray that you are able to wait peacefully--or else find somone who can see him earlier.

I have heard that going in through the ER is sometimes a way to be seen earlier.

love and fortitude

elaine

Prayers going up. You say a family history? Any Chrons disease, that can cause bleeding, hope it is just a polyp, or a hemorroid.Please let us know. Donna G

Dear Cindy,

I am so sorry you have this to worry about now. Isn't there anyway you can get to a colon dr. before the end of the month. Check every day if there is a cancellation, yell, scream, cry whatever it takes.

Of course, I will say an extra prayer for Tom and shame on him for waiting to tell you. MEN!!!!

Love,

Cindy,

I am thinking positive. Years ago, when Buddy was in his late 40's early 50's he had a lot of blood in his stool. I was sure he had colon cancer. It turned out to be pulps(sp). they were all inflamed and after the dr removed them he was fine. Nothing after that until they found cancer in the colon from the lung in 11/03.

I to had blood in the bowel while buddy was sick and I thought for sure I had colon cancer. It to turned out to be just one pulp. Dr removed in and I to am fine.

Don't put the cart before the horse like I did both times.....hopefully it won't be bad. I will pray though for Tom to be fine and you to.

Cindy,

Prayers for Tom and you. I have 3 friends that have recovered from colon cancer - not too many side affects from chemo. One gal trained for our marathon during treatment. Maybe that isn't even it. I sure would try to find someone that can see him sooner just so you can get some peace of mind and reassurance. Take care of each other. Lots of prayers coming your way.

Love and Hugs,

Nancy B

You got my prayers, my dear. Big fat juicy ones.

I'm sure you alerted them to the problem? Called everyone possible for appointments? Pulled your strings for help? My therapist found the gastro guy my husband is going too. She called the dr's private line. Can your oncologist help?

Would you like some of my ativan? :lol::lol:

gail

Cindy,

You already know that I am praying for you and your family, but I will pray some more. What Norme and some of the others posted was encouraging, don't you think? I like Ginny's idea. Call every day. Actually, call twice a day. Call in the morning and tell them thank you, you hate to be a pest, but you are so worried, so you are going to call back in the afternoon. Be reeeeeeal sweet, so they won't get mad and not give Tom good attention. I bet they can squeeze you in. You might have to wait a while in the office, but it would be better than waiting until the end of the month.

Keep us posted, Cindy.

Prayer, prayers and more prayers!

Love,

Peggy