Bad week

ginnyde

This has been a very bad week for me. You know that my darling Earl died last Wednesday morning and we held his memorial on Sunday.

On Friday, a good friend died. I have mentioned her here before. She has struggled with ALS (Lou Gehrigs disease) for 7 long years. She was dx'd with lung cancer about 6 months ago. She suffered greatly the last few months.

Today was her funeral. It was held in a large Catholic church and the church was almost full. She was an amazing person who touched many lives. As sick as she was she called me about 2 weeks before Earl died to see how he was doing.

We know that they are healthy and glad to see each other in heaven. We belonged to a dinner group and they are holding a toast to Earl, toast to Carol tribute on Thursday night.

To top it all off, when I got home my kitchen and family room are infested with 14" (at least) big, black 3 baller ants. Yuk. The pest guy should be here in about 1 hour. YUK again.

Please only good news for awhile.

Love,

My brother lurks on the site. It is a way for him to spy on me and make sure I am doing okay. And since he knows my password, since it is the same password I use for non-financial related things, I can blame bad posts on him, too. But the reason I mention him is that he went out of his way to tell me how sorry he was that Earl had died. I don't know how much he reads outside of the threads I post on, but just that was enough for him to know what a support you are to me and to so many others, Ginny, and so I wanted to express again how sorry we all are for your loss. That must be one heck of a dinner party in heaven going on right now. And we will meet them when our chores are through.

Some firecrackers could clear up the ant problem for you. They make a hell of a mess, but it is a great stress reliever.

Let my voice join yours in a call for good news only for a while.

Warmly,

Curtis

Ginny, I just wanted to say I am thinking of you, and I can't imagine how much strength you are needing for these days. I'm so sorry about your friend too, and the toast dinner sounds wonderful.

As for the ants, hope they are long gone by now!!!!!! I agree, some good news would be very welcome!!

Love you,

Nell

Good news. We have a bird's nest on the porch. When they were building it feathers and sticks kept falling back down so I hung an Easter basket up there with string and they made a nest in it. You see a bunch of activity, then birds flying in and out and lots of chirps. The chirps get louder and louder and then silence - the babies have graduated. This year they are working on an unprecedented third batch of babies. I think that is kind of good news, for the birds anyway.

Ginny, you are so dear to us.

Margaret

Ginny, I agree with Cindy in saying you deserve only good things from

now on.

My good news as a critter lover my cat had four healthy kittens. They are

now 3 weeks old and just so adorable. I can send you one and it may help

some with them darn ants. :wink:

My thoughts are with you, Haylee

Ginny,

Thinking of you and Earl often.

Sorry about your friend.

My good news, the notary finished 3 mandates all

in one, so I can enjoy the few years I may have left

without thinking, what will happen if.......

as I am alone in the world, no family at all, only

a few friends and they are all far away.

And the day was glorious.

Get those ants away......

Love

J.C.

Ginny, I am so very sorry to hear of your friend's passing. I am so proud of you and the strength you are exhibiting during this oh-so-tough time. A prayer is going up for better times ahead...for all of us that have lost a loved one!!!!

I'm so sorry about your friend, Ginny. This really has been an awful week and let's just hope with the dispatching of the ants...that the "good news only" rule will apply now.

Hmmmmm, let me see...what can I add? Well...although we had to put our plans to move to AZ on hold till next spring....we think we have a buyer already! Friends of friends who REALLY wants to live in this neighborhood. So...it would mean no R.E. commission which in turn means MORE NEW FURNITURE once we make the move! :D

That might not thrill anyone else, but it sure puts a smile on my face! Better than shopping for shoes...is a furniture spree! :wink:

Be kind and gentle with yourself Ginny...as you've been thru a lot. And I hope it provides a few wee smiles to you to know how much you are cared for and admired here! Jackie Kennedy had nothing on you when JFK died....as you've shown as much grace under pressure as she did....and that is saying a lot.

Sending a warm hug your way.

Ginny,

Please take care of yourself. And remember: red nail polish. I couldn't find the color you mentioned so went with OPI Red this time. My toes are so cute! :wink:

Good news! Livi (Katha's youngest) is doing well after surgery. Abby (Katha's oldest was moved up and into a better class-she's happy again), I've got a phone interview Thursday for a job with LOTS more money (although it is far from here), my new boss started today and I liked him (he quickly realized how special I am!) and my memory seems to have come back after anesthesia.

Love,

Fran

P.S. Sshhhhhhh, Katha and Ginger don't know about the interview yet.

Ginny, my good news tonight is that I'm at home and not at work! LOL! Not as good as Ry's good news, but good to me.

You're a dear and you know how I feel. I'm so sorry about your friend, too. You've had three big losses this year, and like I said before, I sure wish I could fix it for you. :cry:

Try to cheer up knowing that I'm not at work and Ry's kids are going to school. Maybe that will help.

Loveya,

Peggy

P.S. I'm not buying the 14" ant story. If you had a 14" ant, you wouldn't be typing and telling us about it, the ant would. :lol:

Ginny--

I've been sitting here for at least five minutes trying to figure out how to respond to your post. My attempt at composing a response that conveys what I am feeling is completely thwarted by the fact that I now have the song "The ants go marching one by one/ Hurrah/Hurrah..." running non-stop in my head. 12" ones!!! (Who knew such bugs existed?!?)

You were the first person to respond to my post in the newcomers section; a time when I had no solid footing. You always offer kind, thoughtful words of support to others—even when you are under siege, yourself. My life is better for having “known” you.

You are an inspiration—and deserve good news ‘a plenty.

My offerings? My pants are a little looser; our beloved 16 year old family cat’s blood tests attest that the medicines and tri-weekly IV’s I have been giving her are working; so far my divorced parents are approaching my wedding plans like adults (unheard of!); and, best of all, Geoff had his first real “break” since his mom’s dx. this past weekend (he was invited down to the Keys and swam, fished, and scuba’d his tail off)—he actually sounded relaxed and happy! It brought tears to my eyes, I was so happy to hear the contentment and peace in his voice…

Heartfelt wishes for you to reach that same state soon.

Melinda

I am mostly a lurker, just watching and reading. I seldom post. I wanted to say that I'm so sorry that you lost your dear "Duke" and that sadness for you cuts me to the bone tonight. I admire you for taking care of him and for being a true lady in this community. I've read so many things you have posted. You are positive and loyal. I know you are grieving from the loss of your friend too. May God bless you with many, many more happy days than the sad ones you've experienced.

Jo

Ginny,

I've been thinking about you all week and hoping you're that you're doing "as well as can be expected" or better. It's got to be so hard to go on without your dear Earl.

And these ants, you don't need. I hope they're gone for good.

One of my most scary memories is when I was about 11 years old and I snuck into the dark kitchen late one night to get a bite of chocolate pecan cake..., and when I quietly opened the silverware drawer, a giant cockroach FLEW out into my face. (So much for being quiet.) I didn't know they could fly until then. The good news... From that moment on, if a creepy crawly thing is not a cockroach, I can deal with it. I see a cockroach, though, and I'm moving. I mean to another house.

Well, okay... that didn't really qualify as good news. Hmmm... I'm thinking. Good news... Truth is, I don't know if I have any good news powerful enough to fight off what you're going through right now. But you do have a lot of people here who care about you and would like to come through the computer and give you a big hug.

Wish I could,

BeckyCW

Dearest Ginny,

I'm sorry that I didn't see your post sooner. I hate, I mean really hate what this disease has done to you. But here you are...........handling things with your usual grace........I admire you Ginny. Really, I do. You are such an inspiration to all of us caregivers whether we are caring for a spouse, a parent, a friend..............you are my role model. As far as good news.........well, nothing much happening here, but it is REALLY GOOD NEWS that the pest control man got rid of you 12" ants. HOLY COW!!! I had no idea that ants could get so BIG. May God bless you, Ginny!

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie