Abdominal pain!

Justakid

OK, it's been going on for a few days.

Felt like I was stabbed in my ribs, now it's a constant discomfort and much more painful at night. It's right below the rib cage and goes through to the back. Causes nausea, painful coughing and pain lifting your arm over your head. It's like something has "fallen out" from under your rib cage. I remember when I had mono and my pleen fell, not quite the same but.........trying to hold out and not go to the ER, almost didn't make it last night, it was horrible. Now my husband is home from his trip and if it's as bad tonight we will be in the ER. I'm almost willing to say that breathing is also labored.

I have had a collapsed lung before and this in no way feels the same. It's on the left side so shouldn't be gallbladder related. Cindi suggested the pancreas and maybe.........

Anyone experience this before? Especially months and months after treatment when everything is supposed to be great?! :?

Beth.. I got out the atlas of anatomy. There is a whole bunch of wiggly stuff under the muscles, skin and fat...it looks like the top of the colon. Then there are some smooth organs over there on that side. One is the pancreas that shares that space. Another is the adrenal glands. And the spleen, the stomach and the diaphragm. (the panceas is behind the stomach from what I can tell) would you believe that I had a whole year of college biology, another year of anatomy and another of physiology, in addition to microbiology, medical bio chem and all and I still can't figure this stuff out. I think I just chose "C" on my tests and passed that way..

heehee.... worked.

Anyway. None of it is too pretty. That's why they put skin over it. So we can't see it.

cindi o'h

LCFamily.

I don't know what your point of reference is in comparing my friend, Beth's pain with constipation. Furthermore, I do not like your posts so far. None of them. What are you doing here?

I am sorry your family is riddled with lung cancer. Is this how you seek help? You may want to change your approach.

I am not the only one who feels this way about you.

Have you thought about taking a hike?

Will you please thoughtfully consider it?

Cindi o'h

Beth ,

Use your best judgement. Who knows what this is, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Take care of yourself . I've read many of your posts before and not once do I remember you making mountains out of molehills. You are blessed with a body , like my mom's , allergic to everything. :? Hope you are feeling better soon and if not please find out why...

(((hugs)))

sue

Beth -

A couple of years ago - I was having severe stomach pains and finally went to see the dr and was treated for Irratible (sp?) Bowel Syndrome - don't know if it would be the same for you but just another idea - or maybe appendicitis - if you still have yours? Just my 2cents!

Hope you are feeling better soon - pains like that suck. I couldn't move when I had mine - I had to sit bent over totally still.

Thinking of you!!!

Much Love,

Amy

Beth,

Have you been burping a lot? I know that sounds like a stupid question, but pancreatisis symptoms are pain in the upper abdomen (left side) with pain radiating to the back. The pain can be severe and usually requires a day or so in the hospital. Burping is usually present.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Love,

Peggy

Hi Beth,

I do not have an answer, but just want you to know that I am thinking of you. I am fairly new here, and you always help me when I post.

Please take care of yourself and do not hestiate to go to the ER. I hate to think of you there in pain. Whatever you may be thinking it is, please know that most of the time things are not what you think they are. In other words it could turn out to be something simple to cure.

Maryanne

Hoping you had a better night, Beth. You know, we're both on a drug that has only recently been approved by the FDA. And it's going to take time for all of the possible reactions/interactions/side effects to show up. If this continues I strongly suggest you go to the ER and have yourself checked out, just to be safe.

Pain is not as bad as it was Friday night. Got some sleep last night and only one pain pill. Got up at 6am and moving to the recliner and got more sleep. Have pain pill hangover this morning.

Still gonna try to make it till tomorrow and see my PCP, he is very good and truely cares about me. He'll be able to figure this crap out. And if not he'll be able to rule some things out and make me feel better. Plus it won't hurt to have this damn cough checked out AGAIN!

Gonna check the Tarceva site again and see if it says anything about abdominal pains.

Trying to make it till Monday!

Beth,

Hopefully it's just a bug. People have been out of my work for several

days complaining about horrible abdominal pain and nothing else. Maybe

by tomorrow it will have gone. Take care and let us know. Thinking of

you and praying it's a stupid bug.

Beth,

I am so sorry you are having such bad pain. I am also experiencing some stomach pain and a sour stomach feeling. My doctor put me on Previcid. It seems to have helped some. I'm sure my pain is nothing like yours though.

Hope you make it through tonight, but don't hesitate to go to the ER.

Sending positive thoughts your way.....

TAnn

Beth,

I hope your PCP can figure it out quickly. Pain is no fun. I went to my PCP and he thinks that I had a series of things happen that caused my pain in my left side. Said I first probably had a pulled muscle. Then I started taking one or two percocets a day and got really badly constipated, which caused the pain in the front part of my side. We started on laxatives etc and I am already feeling better. I think he is probably right. A lot better outlook than I got from my onco doc. I am hoping that the CT/PET will not be necessary in two weeks after all.

Praying that your problem will be something like that and can be easily addressed. By all means let us know what he says tomorrow.

Nina

Hi Beth, sorry to hear you are feeling poorly again. You may recall back in November when my mom was having horrible tummy/side and back pain. After a month of hospital stays,every test known to man, they never could give a concrete answer as to what was causing the pain. So many differenct docs got involeved trying to figure it out, it became crazy, one doc saying one thing and another something completely different, never knowing who to listen too. Finally went to her pcp and he handled everything kinda like a ring leader..lol. Anyway the pain eventually eased up and went away completely. but I tell you it was a bad time, the worst since this cancer started. We heard all kinds of "ideas" including it was all in her head, but as I said nothing concrete. Hopefully they can find an answer for your pain quickly as I wouldnt wish what mom went through on anyone. In the end the only thing that was showing up were gallstones. but nothing else lead them to believe they were acting up or causing her any pain, and she still has them today,at this time are not bothering her.

Always better to be safe though and call the doc and get to the bottom of it. If pain is bad enough to take a pain pill then i think it needs to be looked into. Wish i had something better to tell you, but i dont, just know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,Kim

P.S. the bad thing about all moms pain is, now since nothing was ever "found" the insurance co is not wanting to pay for the last hospital stay which as 10 days. They say there was no reason for her to be in there. Uggg..that is my project this week, to deal with all that.