A Turn for The Worst

betplace

Oh Betty, what do we say our hearts are breaking for you. You have been here for awhile but for me not long enough. You have always answered my postings and have been an inspiration to me also,as you have to so many others.

I pray you are comfortable and out of pain. It's amazing that you were even able to post your message to us. That must have been so incredibly difficult. Thank you for that... Your a hero Betty, a very brave lady who may be losing the battle but faught one h-ll of a fight... you will be missed terribly. But miracles do happen, and Iam praying for one for you.

G-d speed, peace be with you.

Maryanne

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Betty,

I was terribly saddened to read your news. I've followed your posts since the first day that I joined the forum and have learned much from you.

I'll be praying for a miracle for you and keeping you in my thoughts in the days and weeks to come.

You're a courageous woman and a true inspiration.

Kel

Dear Betty,

As I sit here and type this, I am so moved by emotion I don't quite know where to begin. You were there for me every step of the way during Daddy's fight. Your replies always brought me comfort and I always looked for your smile and your "happy dance". The gift you gave to so many of us is immeasurable. Now, you are giving us another gift and I don't even know if you realize it, you are giving us the gift of the chance to tell you what you have meant to these boards, these people, and every other soul you have touched through your postings and caring. Betty, I pray for a miracle, but, if we don't get that miracle, I want to be able to tell you that as you enter your final journey, we are all praying for your peace and comfort. May God gently place you in his care and reward you for the love you have given others here on earth. Betty, I will continue to pray for you now and forever. Thank you for everything my friend. With sincere love, appreciation and admiration.... Sharon

Betty, I just wanted to say a special hi and tell you how much I admire you. I am shocked to read this but how brave you are. Hope you have a loooong stay in Hospice, it can happen. It is all about making you happy, you don't have to do anything any more but things you want to do. Stay in touch if you can. You have many friends here. Love, Margaret

Betty! Oh, my! I am so sad to hear this! You have been a source of inspiration for me since I joined! You have always been upbeat and even now, are willing to accept the future, as it is! I will join the other members here who are praying for a miracle. Love, Marge

This is the bravest post I have ever seen. I can't hold back tears. Know that your posts have always been important to me. I love your pic, that smiling face. You have sent posts that were full of strength and hope w/ I knew you must have not felt very well.

Know you are loved.

Jen

Bette;

Please know that my family and I so appreciate all the encouragement, humor and affection you showed to us and Terry (T-Bone) during his fight. Your kind and gentle words scattered among the humorous insights were just the kind of things that he connected with.

Enjoy the sunrises and sunsets as well as the noons, the 2:00's, and all the in-betweens.

Peace be with you, Kind Lady.

Fran

Betty, I tried to post a reply this morning when I first read your post, but could not do it, and now I am struggling. What can you say to one who has made the post you were able to post. I can only pray that i am blessed with a fraction of the strength that god has blessed you with.

May God Bless you

Kim

Betty - I don't know what to say that hasn't been said. I know how you've always been there supporting so many through the bad times and rejoicing in their good times. You have much courage and strength to have written this post. I again admire you for that. I do pray that you are with us for a long time to come. I also pray for you to be pain-free and a miracle for you would certainly be welcome right now. With much admiration for you. These words seem so inadequate to someone so special.

Gail p-m

Dear Betty,

Just a note to let you know you are in our hearts and prayers! You have been an inspiration to Mom and I and we are so saddened by this but as always you have chosen dignity, beauty, and grace. We are praying for you!

Botley & Mother

I'm speechless and so sad inside for you Betty. As always...you're facing the realities of this awful disease with touching dignity. My heart is praying for painless times ahead for you. Please use available meds for the peace and rest your body will be needing. Be all you're able to be at all times....our good and loving friend.

Beth- I have to tell you that you are obviously very strong and courageous. You have been a wonderful inspiration to me and what I have been dealing with. Just remember that if you are indeed in your final stages with this your LIFE IS BEGINNING because this is more like hell. Remember that you have made such a big difference in so many peoples lives. You are a wonderful person. PRAYERS for you.

Betty...I am so very sorry to read this news. You have been here for me so many times and your posts means so very much to me. I am praying that God will be with you through every single step of this journey and am asking him to bestow a miracle on you!!!! Please know how much you mean to all of us on this board! You have been such an inspiration for us ...now it's out turn to be there to uplift you!!!

Dear Betty,

I so so sad to hear your news. I, however, glad to see that you know how loved and admired you are by everyone here. You have been nothing but kind and compassionate. There is no question, it is one of the reasons you are here with us on earth. I am thinking of you and sending you warm hugs. Nancy

Dear Betty,

I cannot add anything to what has already been said, you are ALWAYS here for everyone with support, love and compassion. We are all here for you. You will continue to be in my prayers that you find peace in every new dawn!