Prayers desperately needed for Pops

kitkathi

Pops is not doing very well at all. His defibrillator keeps on going off (5 times thus far today). He is in extreme pain and SOB. He is waiting for the Cardiologist to come in. They will probably turn his defibrillator off. He has signed a DNR. The earliest flight out (he lives in a small town w/only 3 flights per day) is on Wed so I've booked it and pray that I can still see him alive. The pneumonia has spread to the other lung. I'm so numb....my husband is out of town....my mom is a wreck and needs me now....I want to see my daddy. Please pray that he may live long enough so I can be there and hold his hand so he isn't afraid.....

Kathi

Kathi,

I will be praying that you get to see your Dad. Sometimes, what we want and what we must settle for are two different things. Your Dad knows you love him beyond words right now. Never forget that. I hope you get to spend some more time with him.

Nina

Kathi,

I am so sorry for this bad turn. I just asked God to help you get there on time, but Kathi, if you don't make, please remember that it's ok. My sister didn't get there in time when our mom died and it took her two years to get over it and realize that it was ok, and that these things just can't be planned ahead. I do pray that you will make it, though.

Sending you big hugs, honey!!

(((((((((((KATHI)))))))))))

Love,

Peggy

Oh Kathi, Iam so sorry to read your post. My heart goes out to you along with my prayers.

Praying he hangs on till you get there. But whatever happens he knows how much you love him. You are such a blessing to him.

Maryanne

Thanks all. Dad's cardiologist said that he wasn't going to turn off the defibrillator just adjust it so it is more like a pacemaker. He gave my dad a wonderful pep talk. I was able to get the airline to cough up 2 seats on a flight tomorrow instead of Wed. They are so great they didn't even charge me!! Feeling better that I can get out earlier. Thx for the support.....it means so much to me...

Kathi

Kathi, I would suggest you to check out the flight with the airline or just simply stand-by at the airport for getting on the flight as early as possible. Airline may have empty seat...check it out with the airline and tell them your situation and they may possibly arrange it.

My best regards to you and your dad.