Bad News Good News

kimblanchard

Well, I got the results of my latest CT scan and the Lymph Tumor has continued to grow. The old primary and secondary are still NEDs. So there is some good with the bad, we just gotta keep attacking this new one and only. Based on my health and my excellent record of failures, I am a candidate for a new Phase One Trial. The new stuff is a combination of Velcade and Celecoxib.....wish me luck....I ain't ready to stop fishing just yet!!!!

8)

jim

Although I wish all of the news was good, it's good to know that you're all ready to fight this thing! I'll be sending positive thoughts your way and saying prayers for these meds to work their magic on you!

Jim,

Sounds like you have a lot of good news there and I'm so sorry about the not so good. I'm curious about that trial . You and Mike have a lot in common , as far as, track records and chemos. He's running out of options it seems. I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with the choice the onc has chosen for him. Keeping my antennae up searching for anything new. Will have to research yours and see what I learn.. It's good to have a new plan and we want you to know we are keeping you in our prayers.

Love,

Sue

Darnit Jim! Well, saddle up and go for the next ride! One of them is going to be the winner and you are still going strong. Besides, your shadow has many more fish to catch with grandpa.

Wish the news had been more positive, but having a plan for a new treatment is a big plus!

Take care,

Lynne

Not totally bad news but not totally good news! :?:roll:

Having said that, I hope to hell you go out and catch JAWS! :wink: That might take several years to do, but you have spunk and spirit and you'll fight with all your might! (((JIM)))

Will continue to keep you in my prayers and will continue to send you positive vibes.

Hugs,

Connie

Jim,

Talk about a mixed bag...you got it with those results. The good news is really good news and the bad news is what I would certainly hope is treatable. The new trial sounds hopeful. Can you tell us a little more about the trial? Where? When do you start? Who is running the trial? etc. Always interested in new treatments in the works.

Nina