NO Mass....revisited.

cindi o'h

Friends

Saw the surgeon on Friday. I was looking at a pleural effusion on the chest xray. I had only seen them on a CT scan. It does look different on an xray.

As you may recall, I spent 6 days in the hospital and major VATS surgery to try to resolve this in early Sept. Dr. says that a chylothorax presents a more tenacious problem.

He suggested ligating the the thingy that it dripping chyle fluid into my lung. However, he said to accomplish this, he would have to break one of my ribs and lay me open from here to there, the same as a thoracotomy. We, neither of us, liked the sounds of that.

I told him that I think that there is more. I told him that I think there is more going on with me to cause the SOB. Maybe my heart. Maybe the pulm artery. There is alot of scar tissue from the radiation around the pulm. artery. Maybe it is all the scarring of my lung. I don't know, but I would like to know.

I do well if I stay still. I just can't move. Sometimes just turning over in bed leaves me breathless. Something is going on. Walking any faster than a snail leaves me gasping for air. This has been going on for at least two years.

He agreed to help me. I am to be admitted on Monday for a thorough going over. Can't wait! I am hoping that the source of my problem will be discovered and fixed and then I can get on with the activities I used to do. Like tying my shoes.

I am bringing the notebook this time, so I can stay busy in there.

Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes.

Cindi

Okay Miss Cindi!!!!

Shame on you for pretending to be better than you really are! SOOOOOOOOOO I HOPE this time you and the surgeon can get to the bottom of this. I will pray even harder for you (if that is possible) that there is some resolution to this probem.

Does this mean that we will not be hearing from you for a while?

PLEASE keep us up to date, Cindi. We want your breath restored and you feeling well.

Love,

Kasey

Cindi, I really don't like it when you are away, but if someone can give you relief then it is a small sacrifice that we will have to live with. Perhaps that is an electronic notebook you are taking so you can check our "good wishes" while you wait for the next poking and prodding? Of course, you could just use this time to rest and take it easy and know that you will be in our thoughts, always.

Take care of yourself and let the nurses help too!

Lynne

Cindi,

I'm so glad they are finally going to find out what is going on.

Sheesh, two years is a little bit too long to go without breath :?

Will be looking for updates on what's going on and praying all goes well and the answers turn out to be an easy fix.

Kathy

Cindi,

You have my prayers that you will get answers this time. It's such a helpless feeling when you don't know why things are happening to you. You have been trying to get someone to help you for a long time. Praying this trip yields plenty of results and better yet, solutions. Keep us informed.

Love ya,

Sue

Darn Cynd, don'tlike that news. Didn't know you can't even tie a shoe without getting SOB. :shock: You are right girlfriend, we have to find out once and for all what is causing this and get it fixed fast.

I don't like you being so SOB. Not our Cynd... no siree.....

Will be lighting a white healing candle for you.

Will be thinking of you and sending out healing prayers.

Hang in there. You will get an answer.

Maryanne

Cindi, I haven't been around here too long, but I know that things will not be the same if you are away for a while...you have an amazing spirit, and are so supportive of everyone here.

I am hoping that the surgeon will be able to figure out what is going on...and fix it!

Be sure to keep us posted, if you can.

Dear Cindi,

I ditto Kasey's post. Shame on you for not telling us you were still having SOB problems that bad. I am really glad you are going in to get this figured out and get it fixed. You must be miserable being that short of breath. My prayers are with you for success next week and soon!

Love,

Peggy

Cindi,

Now you tell us. Here it has been 2 years and you never told us how bad it was. My prayers can be much more specific now and maybe that will make some difference. I hope that you and your doc can come up with a solution quickly and that it does NOT require cutting you from here to there. Stay in touch as you can. We all need you Cindi. By the way, who is minding the pub?

Nina