Issues - 7-24 Update- 7-26 P.S. Better news

Welthy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're humbled by the comfort, prayers, and support we've received.

I'll update after we tap & see Doc's on Monday and Tuesday. Breathing & coughing problems continue. Hoping for improvement tomorrow!

Thank you & God bless,

Welthy

Debi,

I have been away, and I'm sorry I didn't read your sig line until now (I always read it because I know you don't update us often!! :wink: ) but I do hope Tony's thoracentesis went as well as it could and he is on the road to recovery soon. I think of you both often, and I'm letting you know, as always, that if you need anything...EVER...I am not far.

Hugs,

Update: 7/24/07

Yesterday thoracentesis #16 done. 1600 cc's L-side. Amount surprised the Doc. Color was very bloody. Not typical. Cytology will be done. Last week's R-side fluid negative for cancer cells. Not looking that lucky for the L-side. They think Tony may be having a slow bleed from somewhere. R-side is already refilling. Tap did not improve his SOB, but it didn't collapse his lung either. Whew.

Today oncologist said it is obvious that nothing good is happening. Six pound weight loss. No need for scans right now, symptoms tell the tale. Plan for Avastin/Taxol scrapped due to possible bleeding issue. Will try Gemzar again as a single agent for 6th line salvage treatment. Thinks this will be the gentlest option on my Tony. Oncologist doesn't want to wait, so will start Monday on 21 day cycle, days 1 & 8. WBC = 22.8, platelets = 480, so he's recovering from the toxic Alimta episode. Effusion & Alimta don't mix -- bad juju. Pulmonologist describes his lungs as "deceptive" because they always sound much better then they really are. Hemoglobin is down almost a point from prior week to 10.5. Hoping Procrit will help.

We have been very blessed on this journey. His Doctors & both of us know that he's survived against unbelievable odds and we pray for more good time together. We're trying to maintain our good sense of humor. Tony says it will be okay. Tony always says it will be okay! So, we shall see what happens from here.

Thanks again for all your prayers.

Welthy

missing ya tonite and Sayin extra prayers after Chat under the stars. Huigs and Peace tonite for both of you. RandyW