She's gone..

bam451

Well, our fight is over! Mom passed away this past week (St. Pat's Day) and I burried her yesterday. My mom was 58 years old and my very best friend. It seems so hard to believe that she's actually gone. Even though she's been so sick, and it's been a long time since I really felt like she was hear.. It's still so hard. I thought I was prepared, but I just can't believe that I"m never going to see her again.

She left my dad and I letters expressing her gratitude and love for us both. She also left a gift and card for her grandbaby (I'm due July 8th) It just breaks my heart that we were all robbed.. She would have been the best grandmother!!

I know I don't comment often on here, but you have all been such a source of strength for me. Many of you have helped me out and I am forever thankful!

My heart is just so sad for you. You truly were robbed, your mom was so young, and to not have her there when your little one is born...there just aren't words to explain that or fix that. You must have been so good to your mom, as reflected in her letter.

My niece (my brother's first child) was born four months after our mom died. I thought it would be such a sorrow-filled day, shadowed by what we were missing. I can tell you that it was truly a day of complete joy, and we all felt Mom there. I'll be praying for you.

Kelly

As you go through all of this make yourself and your daughter a memory box. As I said in other post I am so sory to hear this news. get a nice box to store cherished things from Mom for Her Grandaughter to get to know what a wonderful Lady her Grandma is, as she grows older!

I am so very sorry to hear your news. I remember your posts......so caring and loving and full of concern. What a wonderful daughter! Your mother was lucky you were by her side. Hopefully your many wonderful memories someday will bring more comfort than pain. And good luck with that baby. I bet your mother is already acquainted!!!! Please accept my condolences.

Kasey

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved mom. It sounds like you were very close to her and I know that pain you feel is so deep...And I'm so sorry she did not get to meet her grandbaby in person, but I'm sure she has met that little one in heaven..after all, that's where all babies start out...

There are a few of us on this board who have lost our moms when we were pregnant - it is so very difficult. Just know that when that little one arrives, it will be bittersweet for sure, but he or she will bring you such joy and hopefully a trace of healing as time goes on.

Many, many thoughts and prayers going out to you today...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I can relate to how you feel. She was the same age as my father. I too feel like I was robbed and there are so many milestones that I will not get to experience with him. However, I must believe that he will be there in spirit. I pray that the days ahead pass gently for you and that you find hope, happiness, and healing with your new bundle of joy.

--Rochelle

I am so sorry. I know this is so hard. I understand when you say you thought you were prepared. My mom was so very sick the last week and I too thought I was prepared for the moment she would pass. But it just took my breath away when it happened. I don't think you can ever be prepared for that moment.

What a blessing to have those letters. That was a beautiful thing for your mom to do. She sounds like an amazing woman.

Jill