The Results are in....

Rower Michelle

Hey Everybody! 

Yesterday when I saw the Hippie doctor at acupuncture he "leaked the radiology results".  Brain MRI is negative woo hoo,  CT Chest, STABLE, STABLE and STABLE.  He was really happy with the results. 

So then I saw the onc and the first thing he said was that he disagreed with the radiology report.  For about ten seconds my heart just sank.  Doc said, I think your lungs look nearly normal and the tumor area looks smaller to me. He showed my the comparison CT scans going all the way back to September.  Alectinib is doing the job and his feedback thus far, is EXCELLENT response.  Whatever is left in the lung junk is probably scar tissue.  

In words of our fearless leader Tom- I will stay the course having graduated to scans every three months.  Onward.  Jersey strong, 

Michelle 

Amazing!  You had me nervous for half a sentence there.   Looks like the spa treatments are working, keep them up.  

Yay yay yay ...did I say yay....I was holding my breath reading your post.  I’m so happy for you sweets.... I’m telling you it’s the spa days that just make you chill enough to hear the results. ❤️

This is such great news Michelle, although I also gasped when I read that your oncologist disagreed... But what a great disagreement it turned out to be. Congratulations on the results and I pray that they keep on coming in like this for you. 

Lou

Great news, though I think your oncologist was a bit mean, to mess with you like that.  But so glad for you that the news is so good!

He didn’t know that I was sneaky & got the results ahead of time.  Doc didn’t want to read the radiologist impression to me because he disagreed with the findings.  I usually pester him for the all the details & this time he said nope!  I’m good with that! 🤪

Oh, OK, I thought it was like, "Here's what the radiologist says, but I disagree--just kidding!"  These appointments are nothing to be messing around with!  I always love how my oncologist gives me good news before the door's even shut behind him. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Michelle that's great news!! you and your team have really done the research and got the results of progress  

Thanks Tomm!  All is well here. 

I’m still on the hunt for a replacement hippie doc- interviewed one and have two more set up.  It’s hard to find someone who understands this LC mutant world of TKIs.  I’m heading to the University in Iowa City in July which sounds far away but “only” the next State North to interview their doc.  I was surprised to learn that IA has a large presentation of LC (radon).  And so the beat goes on..... 

Michelle,

I have been "absent" from this site for far too long and need to catch up... I just read your post here and I am thrilled for you! This is wonderful news.  Very happy for you. You have continued to stay so upbeat, pro-active and informed re: your treatment... utterly amazing to me.  Very, very happy news for me to start with / get back to... :-)

Archived