CT results

Susan Cornett

Got my scan results today and I remain NED! I've been cancer free for 18 months. So, to those of you who are new or scared or both, know this: I was diagnosed as a stage IV patient 4 years ago. You can do this. 

So. 18 months from today...say August 6th 2021 (will be my 60th Birthday so I fudged the date a tad) I expect to post an identical message.

Congrats. Celebrate. Enjoy

Peace

Tom

Wow Susan, that is such great news and definitely inspiring for those who arrive here with more advanced disease.  Keep up those good scans and I wish you all joy to come.

Lou

On 2/13/2020 at 6:22 PM, Susan Cornett said:

Got my scan results today and I remain NED! I've been cancer free for 18 months. So, to those of you who are new or scared or both, know this: I was diagnosed as a stage IV patient 4 years ago. You can do this. 

That's great news, my wife was diagnosed stage IV. She just started her treatment in November with chemo & Keytruda. She has had 4 rounds of that cocktail and her last scan showed her tumor had shrunk. Today was her 1st course of Keytuda & Pemetrexed. I hope we have the success that you did. Was this a similar treatment for you?

Hi, Robert. I did not have Keytruda during my treatment; my cancer didn't have any genetic mutations. I had four rounds of Cisplatin/Alimta (pemetrexed) in 2016 after my lobectomy. In 2017, I had 8 rounds of carboplatin/taxol and 30 radiation treatments. In 2018, I had SBRT and (knocking furiously on wood) hope that's it. How is your wife reacting to her treatments?

Susan   Great News!!   I'm on your trail, my stage 3 was found three and a half years ago, been NED for a year now. 

What does a hippie get on his blood test?

B positive.

10 hours ago, Susan Cornett said:

Hi, Robert. I did not have Keytruda during my treatment; my cancer didn't have any genetic mutations. I had four rounds of Cisplatin/Alimta (pemetrexed) in 2016 after my lobectomy. In 2017, I had 8 rounds of carboplatin/taxol and 30 radiation treatments. In 2018, I had SBRT and (knocking furiously on wood) hope that's it. How is your wife reacting to her treatments?

She has 2 days of tiredness and laziness about 3 days after her treatment but after that she is back to normal.

On 2/17/2020 at 5:20 PM, Robert A. said:

That's great news, my wife was diagnosed stage IV. She just started her treatment in November with chemo & Keytruda. She has had 4 rounds of that cocktail and her last scan showed her tumor had shrunk. Today was her 1st course of Keytuda & Pemetrexed. I hope we have the success that you did. Was this a similar treatment for you?

I was on 2 different chemos and Keytruda for 4 rounds and have been on maintenance of Keytruda & Alimta since April last year. I have had scans every 3 months. My last scan showed a slight increase in the lung tumor and I had SBRT radiation on the tumor last month. I won't know how it worked for a few months yet. I have been able to live a normal life after the few  treatment side effects ease, which are not bad at all. Please let us know how your wife is doing with her treatments. 

Rose

Archived