NED by Email....

Tom Galli

I had my consultation at 1 pm with my oncologist today but the good news came by email this morning: "Tom, I just reviewed your CT scan from 8/31/2020 and there was nothing new on it. Everything appeared to be stable so no evidence for recurrent cancer. I thought you'd like to know."

So we had a pro forma consultation that unfortunately included news that he's retiring from practice and we discussed who I'd like to see when he retires.

A number of us were getting scans today and I hope everyone's news is as good as mine.

Stay the course.

Tom

Tom - You post so often helping others, I'm ashamed I did not even know you recently had a scan yourself. This IS excellent news.  Couldn't happen to a better guy! :-) Very happy for you.

Sorry your oncologist is retiring, but I'm sure he was happy to give you this, his final report, with such good news.

Okay, now that you and Teri have your trademark sign-off, the rest of us are going to have to get creative...!

• 1 month later...

Tom,

I also did an NED dance for you!

I wanted you to know that I took your advice and will see a radiation oncologist on Thursday on zoom for a consult.

I'll let you know if there's anything he suggests!!

I most likely won't be on the Friday night zoom this week because my son is coming in for the weekend. But I'll fill everyone in at the one after that.

Best,

Ro

Good luck, Ro--got my fingers crossed for you! And have a great visit with your son--I was so thrilled to see my kiddos this summer. It was a real upper. :) 

Being able to see family is the thing I live for!!  Ro I’m sure hoping you get a direction from radiologist

Please update here!  I keep trying to get on the Zoom but last week I was wiped out from pulmonologist test and this week PET. After that the most dreaded test- biopsy. This will be my 3 rd. Under conscience sedation. That’s not the bad part. It’s waiting HOURS after for follow X-ray. No eating no drinking!  Dread it!  As well as what they find after and if I have any options. Trying not to think ahead 

Thanks everyone!

Good luck Lin Wiki!

LexieCat-thinking of you!!

I'll update as soon as I have news!

Best,

Ro

Archived