Duke of Earl - Chapter 64 - Update After Doctors

ginnyde

This site gives me such strength - I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart.

The Duke - we met with the onc. this afternoon. Other than MAJOR weakness and some headaches he is not experiencing any other effects from the brain tumors. Since he has already had WBR and since there are multiple tumors, sterotactic radiation is not a consideration.

The dr. did major feeling around liver and questioning Earl and doesn't feel there is anything new happening there.

So here is the deal, he starts Temodar tomorrow. You take it for 5 days, then off 23 days and then meet with dr and blood work. He rx'd multiple refills since he said he is optomistic, which is so good for Earl's mental attitude. Said he should feel improvement within a couple of days. He is also taking 4mg of dexamethsone 2x a day.

He took Earl off Iressa, said it had stopped working. The good news is he will give Earl's left over Iressa to someone who needs it.

My sister has been dx'd with sepsis. About to research that on the internet but I understand it is not good.

My friend is having a tough time, very depressed and emotional. Doesn't want visitors etc.

I hope I don't look selfish taking this much space to tell our story. I do know that I want to know what is happening to all of you. In many ways you understand this rotten journey better than our family.

Love and blessings,

Ginny

Ginny,

You sure have a full plate. I am so sorry to hear all that has happened to those you love. Know that you are in my prayers. I do hope that Earl starts to feel better soon.

Love ya girl. Know that you are a very special lady to many.

Shirleyb

Ginny,

The Duke is a strong man. He has weathered a storm or two before. I remember someone on this board saying that their doctor was not as concerned about brain mets, as he ws other mets. And that they could be delt with. I am glad that the Duke's liver seems stable. However, no mets are good. Give the Duke my best and let him know that I will kep him in my prayers.

Cherl

Ginny, Glad your Onc visit is over. At least he was given some meds that will help him feel better, I am not at all familiar with the drug you mentioned, is it something new?

You don't ever need to apologize for "unloading" here... my goodness, thats why we are here... to support one another in good and bad. Lord knows, I unload here plenty. And you have always responded. I am praying for you daily. Tell Duke I am keeping everything crossed that the meds help and he is feeling "peppy" soon. Love, Sharon

Dear Ginny-

Many prayers going up right this minute for the Duke, your sister and your friend. You certainly do have a lot to deal with right now - glad the Duke will be trying something new to make him feel better! I am not familiar with that drug either - hope it does the trick!

Terrie

Ginny -

I always look forward to the next chapter of The Duke of Earl. Please never apologize for a long post. You're very right that the people on this board understand trials and tribulations -- whether our own or those of people we love -- better than most families do.

I'm glad that Earl's doctor is optimistic and I'm praying this new medicine really helps.

By the way, I LOVE your latest picture. The love shines through from both of you.

Gloria

Ginny

You have given so much to those on the site. My heart goes out to Duke, your sister, your whole family and to your friend who is now in need. I hope the new medicine works wonders for Earl. I remember seeing that trials are underway and the drug has done well in a variety of cases.

Fortitude

Elaine

Ginny,

I'm praying that Earl's new medications will have him up and feeling well again. My husband's company came out with a new potent drug for severe sepsis, Xigris, that you might look into for your sister. Here's the link for more information: http://www.xigris.com/

I also am so sorry about your friend. About 25 years ago, I had a friend who was dying from lung cancer. I went to see her, but she wouldn't see me; she wouldn't have any visitors except family. Her oldest daughter told me that she wanted us to remember her the way she was. At the time, I was very hurt, but I went out and bought her a book that had made me really laugh one time. It was a book by Dick Van Dyke and it was filled with funny things that kids say. I delivered it to her family, and at the funeral, her daughter told me that she read it and was laying in bed laughing her head off - that made me feel a lot better. If your friend won't see you, it isn't because she doesn't love you, she probably just doesn't want people to see her the way she is - I can better understand that now since I was with my mom during her final days.

I'll be praying for you Ginny, the Duke, your sister and your friend,

God bless you,

Peggy

Hi Ginny, You certainly have my prayers and any good luck I can send your way. Dealing with so much misery will drag you down. Remember, you have to take care of yourself so that you can take care of the others. Hang in there.

Ginny,

Thank you for the news about the Duke it is good

and soon you will see the results of the new medication,

couple of days, that is good, so give us news on Monday

to see the result.

Prayers going for him,

also your sister and friend.

Keep us posted and never think that a post is too long,

it is life and we are all living it, so one day you, maybe the

next will be our turn.

J.C.

Ginny,

What are we gonna do with the Duke? I hope the new medication works wonders and gets him back on track. I tell you this book of his takes so many twists and turns...

Take care Ginny and hang in there.

Ginny Ginny Ginny

Do not feel like you can not say what is going on. You have been around for along time and have been there for alot of us. Your Duke is a pretty special guy. He has YOU!

Hope he responds to the new meds. Just tell I said he is lucky to have you!

Cindy

Please take the word selfish out of your vocabulary. You have been there for us so many times, let us be there for you.

Try to find that ray of sunshine . . .I have a couple of animals that will make you laugh.

gail

Ginny,

I cannot even believe you would say selfish. I have to give you a mad face for that one. Here it is :twisted:

You are so special, obviously not selfish, and such a strong person. You have so much going on, I can only imagine how your head is spinning. Saying lots of prayers for you

Ginny,

I just want to add my prayers to the list and agree with the rest of the "group" that you are a valued asset. I am always anxious to hear the news on the Duke and hope it is better after this new round of medicine.

Never say you are sorry for posting how you feel or what is going on...that is what we are here for. Keep us up to date.

Nina

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Ginny, I'm sending up an even larger basket of prayers for you and you husband. It's hard to understand how one person could have so much trouble heaped on them.

Don't think you are selfish. You're not! We are here to help one another after all. You've given so much to others - it's now you're turn to be on the receiving end.

Cat

Dear Ginny,

You give, and you give and you give so much, my only prayer is that I wish I could give you some comfort that all is going to be just FINE! I will continue to pray for you all and hope for the best.

I want only good things for you Ginny. And I want them NOW?????!!!

Love, Hugs, Prayers, & Support,

Connie

Selfish?!!??? You have got to be kidding us!!!! Use this board to tell us your troubles! You need to get it out somewhere for your sanity! Ginny, we are here for you. It's a recipricle thing. You help us, we help you. I'm praying so hard for you. You are such a strong woman and offer so much support.

Oh, Ginny! Hang in there, this is definitely a bit of a "rough patch" (as my friend Fay A. would say)... Buckle your seat belt, strap on your confidence and face it head on (as if you'd do anything else!).

Here's to a long shower and some water therapy, girl! Don't let it build up and wear you down....

Strength to you!

Becky

Guest Phyllis

You are the most generous, kind, concerned person I have ever encountered. You do so much for so many. If you are going through a hard time, we are here to help you.