Just an update

TBone

Hi everybody,

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would give an update.I had my third taxotere treatment this morninig.The first two took what little appetite I had and made me extremely exhausted.The doctor told me this morning that I need to start walking at least a mile a day.Preferably two.It is so hot here so I will be doing that early in the morning.He says that is one of the best ways to fight fatique so I will be doing it.He also gave me next week off from treatment.It has been a long,long time since I have gone a week without either radiation or chemo.I think the break will help and now my kids are out of school and will be here to keep me awake.Praying for us all.TBone

PS.

Oh yeah.The best news is that I seldom have pain now and when I do it is not severe.That makes me want to walk. :)

You have many things to enjoy..........no tx this week, kids are out of school, no pain...............so glad that you are getting a well deserved break. Good to hear from you and glad things are going well.

Angie

P.S. If it is as hot in Georgia as it is here in Alabama, you better walk by 6:00 AM.................it gets hot quick. If I have garden work to do, which is almost daily, I have to get out there by 6:00AM............can't stand the heat!

TBone,

If you're walking down there, you'll be melting like ice cream on a summer sidewalk! I vote treadmill, A/C and TV with a remote on the handles.... Exercise in comfort, man! :wink: (Don't have to worry about steppin' in dog crap that way, either...knowhudimean?)

Becky

Tbone

Glad to hear you are hanging in there. I have a GREAT idea---turn up the AC and walk back and forth from the kitchen to the co uch to the bedroom for 45 minutes. That is walking! And have tvs on all over! Or get one of those little steps for $20 and step up and down. You can do it in your pajamas, in AirConditioning while watching tv :)

T-Bone,

So glad to hear your pain is better. Mine is much better too and I know it helps with getting through the day when that pain subsides. I've been getting alot done around the house too. (Is that a good thing? :? )

Anyway, good luck with the walking, it was 90 degrees here in Houston today, even at 7:00pm!! Don't wear yourself out with the walking, remember those blood counts tend to go down too with Taxotere, but I'm sure your dr. is monitoring that.

On a personal note, my in-laws are all coming here in a few days from Atlanta for my son's graduation. They are coming from "Hot-lanta" to Hot Houston :lol:

Take Care,

TAnn

Tbone-

So happy to hear the pain has subsided.... As far as your walks go... I am with you, if you have to walk, outside is the only way to go- At least you get to enjoy nature along the way! They sell these neat little things now that wrap around your neck and are filled with some sort of gel that stays cold... makes a huge difference in the heat - can't remember the name of them but they work wonders... Enjoy those berries... Love, Sharon

TBone,

Good to hear from you!

I'm with you, I'd opt for the early early morning walk, before the skeeters wake up, and smell the smells and hear the sounds.....

Good to see you being so upbeat, and really glad you're more comfortable at this point.

Love your attitude -- this ba*#ard can be beaten.

Miracles happen every day.

Prayers, always,

Love to all your crew...

XOXOXOX

MaryAnn

Hey T-Bone,

So happy to hear your pain is coming undercontrol. :)

As for the morning walks and being to HOT to walk, your more then welcome to come to Minnesota and walk with me, but I'll warn you to bring your LONG UNDERWEAR and RAIN GEAR! But, at least it would be COOL!! :wink:

Continued PRAYERS coming your way.

TBone,

I'm with you too -- since the weather turned nice I haven't set foot on my treadmill -- an outside walk with the sun shining and the birds chirping is the only way to go!!

Now, don't forget to take a jaunt on over to McDonalds for their "adult Happy Meal" and get your STEPOMETER so you can count your steps each day!!! :roll: (Is that not the silliest thing you've heard???)

Tbone,

I am someone who enjoys walking. I started five years ago when I was dx with diabetes. The doctor said I should do something that cause me to breath hard and sweat for at least 30 minutes three or four times a week to help lower my sugar levels. After my dx of lung cancer I continued to just keep my strength up. I really pushed it between chemo/radiation and straight chemo to make me stronger for straight chemo. I can not walk as hard and fast as I did before dx of LC, it does help with the fatigue. I did not walk through the winter because the Iressa rash and the cold (Michigan) hurt my face.

I have started again. I am using it to help measure how my lungs are doing. I also just really enjoy all the sights when walking. One place I walk is where my daughter Caitlin has horse riding lessons. It is out in the country with lots of hills and all dirt roads. Also there several different routes I can take. At home I have several directions I can go. Most of which involve walking near lakes. It even got better this year because Rochelle walks with me most of the time. Tread mills are boring unless there is something good on TV. I have thought about one for winter time, but the Jack Benny in me wins out, they are just too expensive when the roads are free.

I hope you learn to enjoy the walks as much as I do. It is a great time to just enjoy thinking, living and breathing. It is a good idea to walk in the morning. It is cooler, less traffic, and quiet.

Enjoy John

P.S. Tee Bones is the name of our local bar on the lake. It has to be a good name.

Hey TBone,

Glad to hear, no more pain. I agree with the others, hot and humid is pretty hard to walk in. You just walk out the dorr and your ready for a shower agin, even if you just got out of the shower. It's nice to walk outdoors, but in a not so humid condition. But we need to do whatever is good for us and works. My blessings and prayers to you...

Stay cool,

Karen

T-Bone,

I'm an avid morning walker, and I can tell you that walking in the morning is not only the best time to go because you can beat the heat, but also because there really is no hussle and bussle. I try to walk 2 miles in the morning but sometimes I dont make it the whole way cause I have 3 kids, 2 of whom come with me, and they are 3 & 5. You would think they would have more energy than their "old" 26 year old mom. I think it will really make a difference in how you feel overall.

Glad to hear the pain is gone

Jamie

Bone;

Mall? McDonald's? Hospital? These folks obviously don't realize just how little Buena Vista really is!!!!

And if you want a treadmill, well, I just happen to have a really lonely one.... Of course, TeeTaa will have to bring it home as it doesn't fit in the VW.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Got the scoop from ViVi this morning after she sneakily followed you around while you were walking! And she thought she had pulled a good one over on you.

Love you,

Fran

Guest Phyllis

Hi, I am originally from MS. I have moved up North now. I can't take the heat and humidity down there and when I go I hide in the air conditioning. Treadmills are great. My sister down there gets up like at 5:00 to beat the heat when she walks, but she is a maniac. Of course I get up every morning to let my dog take me for a walk.