My sister has passed away

kito40

I have logged on as my sister so that you will be able to see her picture. Although I am an avid lurker, I don't post much, however, I am posting this as it helps to release a few tears. My sister was diagnosed in March 2002 and fought the biggest battle of her life. She suffered severe pain but didn't let on to anyone how bad it really was because she didn't want to burden anyone. She had a pnuemectomy(sp), craniotomy (sp?), whole head radiation, 3 different chemo regimes, and after all that found out she had 2 more brain tumors and an 11 cm mass on her adrenal gland. She was started on Iressa and had focalized radiation on her brain tumor that didn't respond so she had surgery on June 16th to remove it as she was suffering mini seizures. Unfortunately, she had a stroke in surgery and never woke up. She had a very strong heart and didn't pass til June 23rd. I believe she had a stroke for a reason and that someone larger than life had decided she had been through enough.

I have lost my big sister and she was only 46 years old.

My life will never be the same, but I will continue to pray for us all.

Kelly

(headbo)

Oh Kelly :cry: I am so sorry to read about your sister. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. I, too, have a beautiful sister and would be utterly heartbroken if anything ever happened to her. Wishing you strength for the coming days, weeks and time ahead.

My sincerest condolences, and please, now that you've stopped lurking please keep in contact and let us all know how you are going.

Jana

xx

Dear Kelly-

Thank you for letting us know about the untimely loss of your beloved sister. As you indicate, she was far too young and will be missed by many people. Her courageous battle is over but you have solid memories of her. I hope they stand you in good stead through your grief. So sorry...

Kelly,

I am so sorry. My sister just died on May 21st. I miss her more than I could ever imagine. I reach for the phone to call her almost daily. She was my rock, my advisor, my mentor, my Emily Post, my 'what do I have for a company dinner', etc. She was my friend.

She died from sepsis, but had throat cancer and had had breast cancer. She, like your sister, was a trooper. Complain, hardly at all. Laugh, often.

I too remember your sister's story. She fought a strong fight. May she rest in peace. Please accept my condolences.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Kelly, I'm sorry to hear about your sister. She was young indeed. I hope you can draw some comfort from the people here. I will pray for you and your sister's spirit.

Cat

Kelly, I have been following your sister's corageous battle for some time now (from her website and the MSN group) and am just so very sorry to read of her passing. I also know from all that I read of what a wonderful friend and support you were to her through everything.

May the Lord grant you peace and calm in your grief.

Gina