my sister now has cancer

shelliemacs

we found out today. its confirmed, my siter, my only sibling now has cancer as well. didn't god get enough with mom 10 months ago and dad 22 days ago.

a bone scan is set for tuesday. its invasive carcinoma, i don't know what stage. then she does chemo and radiation and then more surgery.

i am sure I must have it now too. thats just fine with me, why live without any family.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((shellie)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

That just sucks.

I will keep your sister AND YOU in my prayers.

Just to remind you, the rest of us here are extended family.....

We Love You ....

XOXOXOXOXOX

XOXOXOXOXOX

XOXOXOXOXOX

Prayers, always

MaryAnn

Shelly,

First, I am so sorry. I am heart broken for you.

Second, don't panic just yet. Breast cancer is very very curable. My friend's cousin is 35 and she has had Stage IV for many years and takes a pill daily and is ok.

Third, you do have a reason to live, you have a husband who loves you! And a sister who needs you.

When will you know the Stage? On Tues? Does your sister live close to you?

Be strong my friend and please know that we are here for you! Feel free to e-mail me or PM me anytime!!!

WE LOVE YOU

Shellie,

Prayers for your sister. There is an 88% cure rate for breast cancer. Your sister needs you right now, so please be there for her and stay strong. Your faith and strength will get you through this. Prayers for you and your sister...

God Bless,

Karen

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Shelly, I'll try to explain my previous post better. I have a hundred things to tell you - that I will pray for you, that your sister can beat the cancer, that there's a very good chance that you don't have cancer, that your husband & sister need you.

I just don't think at the moment you can hear these words, as sincere as they are.

I only hope that you will know and believe that many, many people here love you dearly and will do whatever it takes to help.

These people really love you, Shelly.

Cat

Shellie,

You know my sisters use to say to me "you inherited the good hair, the athletic ability, and straight teeth"......Yet I am the unfortunate one to also get the cancer gene too! Yep, I am the lucky one. I am praying that this is not something that your family has passed on to you too my dear. I have a friend who has had breast cancer, stage 4, and is now 12 years out! Please know that you have many prayers going out for you and your sister.

Love,

Cheryl

I am sorry and completely speechless. With all the current research and treatments, breast cancer can be beat!! Hang in there. I am truely sorry.!!

Oh Shelly~

Your poor sister, she must be absolutely terrified. She is going to need you so much. I know you want to fall apart but you have to stay strong for her. You have to do this, you can do this. She is going to need you.

Now Becky will be here soon and she will tell you to see a counselor and she is right so listen to her. Talk to someone.

Will tell you something...a couple of weeks ago I had a mamogram, that same day they called and said I had to go back for an ultra sound because the doctor saw something. Of course they made me wait I couldn't just go right back. I was scared to death unitl they told me the results (2 benign cysts). It doesn't matter what the statistics are, it doesn't matter--when its you, you are shaking in your shoes. So Shelly, believe me she needs you to be there. Your mom can't be.

I wish I could help you out somehow. Please let us know how you're doing.

Rochelle

Oh Shelly, I too, don't know what to say. I am so sorry about your sister. Like others have said you need to try to stay as strong as you can for her sake. I agree with Cat...its not time to hear these words yet but maybe in a few days. You are in my prayers.

Nina

Shelly,

Please--this is going to be ok with your sister. I've been there, had that too, and I'm three years out and fine....I know how awful this must be for you and your sis, but she needs you now, and it will be ok.....PM me for details if you want.....

Cindy

Shellie,

I know so many people who have, and who have beaten, breast cancer. Your sister has the greatest chance to do that...and you've got to stay strong for her, as others have said.

That said, it still sucks (an expression I NEVER use, but what the h***, it's appropriate).

Keep us posted and try to stay as positive as you can be at this awful time.

Ellen

Shellie,

I too am very sad to hear this news. My sister died of breast cancer 2 years ago. She was 2 years younger than me. I want you to know that my sister had the aggressive rare form of breast cancer. (hot and red) She survived for 7 years before it overtook her. So don't think the worst. If anything, you will have lots of time to spend with her. Have lots of good times, we never know how long we have here on earth. So just live it one day at a time and be thankful she is still here. The odds are in her favor. And PLEASE don't talk yourself into getting cancer too. enough already. Take care and I am praying for you. You are so young to be hit with all this tragedy. We will never know why God lets these things happen, but he does do miracles too! :D

Tess

Shellie,

I too am very sad to hear this news. My sister died of breast cancer 2 years ago. She was 2 years younger than me. I want you to know that my sister had the aggressive rare form of breast cancer. (hot and red) She survived for 7 years before it overtook her. So don't think the worst. If anything, you will have lots of time to spend with her. Have lots of good times, we never know how long we have here on earth. So just live it one day at a time and be thankful she is still here. The odds are in her favor. And PLEASE don't talk yourself into getting cancer too. enough already. Take care and I am praying for you. You are so young to be hit with all this tragedy. We will never know why God lets these things happen, but he does do miracles too! :D

Tess

Shelly...I am so sorry your sister didn't get better news. But please....believe those who say the prognosis is SO much better for breast cancer these days....and that you MUST stay positive.

I've had situations in my life where - like you - I just felt inundated...on overload...like I couldn't even imagine what else could go wrong but I just wanted the world to stop so I could get off. And a good friend sent me a card that said, "When you're this far down....You've got no place to go but UP!!"

To this day, whenever I start feeling like giving up or crawling into a hole and dissolving.....I remember that I've got no place to go but UP!!

I'm pretty darn sure you can identify with feeling that far down, about now.....so look UP, Shelly. Please! Just look up and put one foot ahead of the other and BE THERE for your sister and be strong. Get whatever help you need....counseling or meds....to stay strong. But know that you will move UP and out of that black hole...because you will.

Don't rehearse what "might be going to happen". Take things as they come. Breast cancer is eminently more treatable today than it used to be. Survival rates are high. BELIEVE that your sister, with your support, will beat this....and look UP!

We are here...whenever you need a little wind beneath your wings, honey. You've had a terrible....a thoroughly rotten year....way, way more than any young person should have to endure. But clearly, your extended family here loves you...wants to help and support you. So let us do it, so that YOU can then support your sister on her way back to full health.

One step at a time...don't rehearse....and keep looking UP!! Oh...and breathe. We'll all help you take it as it comes...ok?

Dear Shelly,

Nothing I can say can make this all better. Therefore, I am just going to pray, pray, pray. Sweetie, you have been dealt a crappy hand. But vent and cry here all you want and know that there are so many here that love and care about you.

Love,

Shellie,

I am so sorry for both your sister and for you. You only have each other to cling too and I am sure she is feeling much like you at the moment. My heart breaks for you and your sister right now.

Take one day at a time. As others have said, don't buy trouble with worrying about tomorrow. You have today. Just make it through today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

You are both in my prayers. Again, I am sorry life is so hard for you right now.

Hugs,

Shirleyb

Shelly,

I've been sitting and staring at this thread for about 15 minutes trying to think of something to say. The only words that keep going over and over in my mind are the words my dad always said to me, "Think positive, baby, think positive."

Shelly, I care.

Love,

Peggy