Time for an update.

DeanCarl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean,

It was so good to hear from you. Your attitude & advice is so uplifting to me. Thank you for being here. I hope you have smooth going & don't feel to badly. I will be thinking of you and sendind hugs & lots of positive energy.

All my best,

Rachel

Dean,

Thank you for your wonderful post full of inspiration and hope. I pray that the blood pressure comes back up and the local creatures continue to visit you!

Wishing you comfort and love on your journey. As you have given that and more to me and the others on this board.

TAnn

There are people who you will get to know during your life that will affect you in ways that will ultimately "change" you and your life.

Dean, for me you are one of those people. Its seems you know when I am feeling sorry for myself that I am having to go through this 3 times in less than 18 months. I was just saying to my parents best friends how "unfair" it is for me that I have to watch 3 of my family members suffer and two of them die so close together. Now I am watching my sister get sick and not feel well.

Then I read your posts and I feel like someone just turned the light on and made me see that although something happened to my parents and is happening to my sister , its not "poor shelly" like I am think. I am lucky to have had them and the memories I have of them and the person who they made me.

I found you and all of these beautiful people because of Lung Cancer. I am ultimately a changed person because of Cancer and sometimes I think I am a better person because of it. I am more compasionate to people, I am more educated because of it. I am richer for knowing all of you.

So for everything Lung Cancer has taken away from me. You and all the memories I have all our posts to each other and everyone else on this board have enriched me and my inner self.

If God takes you its because your a light he definitely needs in heaven to show those of us left here on earth, who haven't learned whats important yet, the way.

I hope you will always guide me Dean. I definitely need more people on my side.

forever your fan....

Shelly McNamara

Dean

I am so glad to see you on here-you have been missed. I like David P wonder if those cats ever get out :lol::lol:

I had 6 cats at one time (they have all but one gone on ahead) all in the house. During the winter I would put bird food on the patio, those cats would lay at the patio doors drooling. It looked like a smorgasboard laid out for them. I have a pic, one day I will put it up.

I am so glad you are who you are. I agree spats that occur on here are actually trivial in the whole scheme of things. There are so many of us now that it is bound to happen. Your love for life and will power have gotten you here-Love ya

Cindy

Amen, Dean.

Like everyone else, I've been inspired -- and shamed -- by your messages. You do have an incredible habit of putting things into perspective.

You were one of the first to respond when I first posted, and then, again, you shone a revealing light on our situation. You gave me enormous encouragement at the time -- and you give me, now, a realistic appraisal of what may, or may not, lie ahead. That you can do this with such clarity and equanimity is a gift for us all. And all I can say is Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Continue enjoying the birds at your window and the life that blossoms around you -- and remind us all to do the same.

Ellen

Dearest Dean.

I think you were "put" on this board because of your wonderful attitude and gift of words. When you post, I read it and feel like I have been to hear a great man speak at beautiful church. You always make me feel better and want to cherish each day a little more. I admire your perspective and your lust for life in any shape or form. Thanks for sharing yourself with us and taking the time to post.

I am sad that you are not feeling better and that the blood pressure meds had such horrible side effects. You are in my prayers each night as I thank God for you and having had the privilege to meet you. Give Gay my best and take care of yourself.

Nina

Dean,

So glad to hear from you. I think about you and Gay all the time. Sorry to hear your not feeling too well. :(

You have helped me so much since Fred was first diagnosed, I remember telling you I can't do this, and you showed me yes I can! :) Not an easy task but definatlelly do-able, got my head out of the sand and learned to make the best of our challages ahead, and to finally enjoy living life.

Prayers for You and Gay

(HUGS)

Rosemary

Dear Dean,

Thanks for the update as we always miss you when you are gone. I wish it had been better but as you say you still find the beauty in life and have learned to see beauty where others only pass it by. You are always in my prayers.

God Bless You Dean,

Jane

Dean,

Good to read your update. As you can see from all the replies you've received, we all are very fond of you and your positive attitude and words of wisdom. I really liked the E. F. Hutton comment that Addie made above.

I will continue praying for you and Gay. Take care.

Dear DeanCarl,

I just spent the last hour composing an email to you and when I hit 'submit', it was erased! Oh, well, it was much too long anyway.

But because I think you will like the story, I'll try to rewrite it later today. I'm too emotionally exhausted right now, and besides, I HAVE to do some work!

Thank you for your words of wisdom, your words of encouragement, and your words of total selflessness.

Love,

ViVi