Cindi o'h update.

cindi o'h

It has been a little while since I have posted about me, and I have been hounded by a few to "share".

First of all, the sister of one of my very best friends is in the throes of being diagnosed and staged with lung cancer. We are devastatd, to say the least. Shirley is an angel. I knew it the first time I ever met her. I pray that she will have a least complicated time of it and get 100% better. It is strange. I worry more about her than I do for myself. I just know what is ahead of her and I want to help her all I can, even though they all live in Western Montana. I gave my friend, Marie, this web-site for Shirley as a source to explore. I am hoping that she will come here and find some comfort and knowledge that will help her in her recovery.

Well. About me. I haven't been back to the doctor. I see the lung surgeon for a re-scan on July 20 to see if the cluster of nodules or the squished lung or whatever it was on the last scan has changed. Hopefully, it will have disappeared and I won't have to think about it anymore.

There are many options now as I wait for this month to pass. I could go ahead and have the VATS biopsy. I could present for a second opinion with a former surgeon. I could insist on a one on one with the rushed oncologist. I could put it before the pulmonologist. But, I don't feel like doing anything about it. I don't want to think about it. I guess, it is what it is and we will see. That is where I am today on it, anyway. I wrestled with what to do. To DO. Sometimes the busy-ness makes me feel in control. But, again. No matter how busy I am about this, it still does not change what it is or is not.

So, for now, I am resigned to just wait it out and try not to think about it. And for the most part, that is going pretty well.

I don't explain myself very well and tomorrow my feelings on this could all change (that's my perogative), but, for now, that is it.

I do FEEL a whole lot better! I was in pretty sad shape for awhile there. Don't know anyone who would put up with this failing body with such patience as I have. I am too patient with it sometimes. My breath has gotten a whole lot better since the tap. I think that is what did it anyway. I am moved in to the apartment and the financial stress is off. I really believe that all had alot to do with my poor health too. I can walk the hallway of this building much better today than 3, 2 and 1 weeks ago. So I am going in the right direction. I continue to hear transient noises from my lung, and continue to feel congestion that comes and goes. I am still on prednisone... since Thanksgiving! But, I think that might just be the way of it for me.

I went shopping and bought clearance things for the apartment for color in here. Also splurged on the summer clearance rack for a larger!!! size slacks. Oh. Brother.

All in all, I think I am better. And I am hopeful that the cancer is not back. How's that for an update?

love, Cindi o'h

I think your post shows you're doing much better. A new place to decorate, moving around better, buying new clothes, all have a good effect on the mind. At least with me, when I feel good, well, it just makes all the difference in the world. I do get FUO (fever of unknown origin) and asked my dr. about that yesterday. Seems with a weakened lung from radiation and all I can expect to get these from time to time. That's when I feel bad. So when I feel good, I try to take full advantage of that time, as should you! Keep up the good work!:)

Joanie

Cindi, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Shirley. I used to live in Western Montana; where is she? I know you will be a big support to her, and hope she will find her way here, too.

Thanks for the update on you. I'm really glad to know you're feeling better, and hope you just keep feeling better and better and better.

I have a lot of catching up to do, but am moving in very slow motion. Just wanted to say thanks for the update and hang in there.

BeckyCW

Cindi,

I'm so glad to see your update. It sounds like you have found a comfort zone for now. It's good to hear you say you can breathe a bit better and that you are getting settled in your new home. You are such an inspiration to me. Ya know, things have been really sad around the board lately. Too many of our friends are grieving or going through hard times, do you think you could open the pub just for us to gather and share a few hugs? It would be good. Take care and your friend and her sister are so fortunate to have you . If they come here, I hope they know they will be welcomed with open arms. Waiting for the pub to open so I can give you a hug.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

I do FEEL a whole lot better! I was in pretty sad shape for awhile there. Don't know anyone who would put up with this failing body with such patience as I have. I am too patient with it sometimes. My breath has gotten a whole lot better since the tap. I think that is what did it anyway. I am moved in to the apartment and the financial stress is off. I really believe that all had alot to do with my poor health too. I can walk the hallway of this building much better today than 3, 2 and 1 weeks ago. So I am going in the right direction. I continue to hear transient noises from my lung, and continue to feel congestion that comes and goes. I am still on prednisone... since Thanksgiving! But, I think that might just be the way of it for me.

The above is the paragraph that speaks the loudest to me. That you're FEELING a whole lot better, especially. That your stress is reduced. The move is complete. That overall you are noting little improvements.

Just keep heading in that direction, sweetie! Hoping all else turns out okay....and that you just keep feeling better and better.

Cindi,

I always look forward to your posts. This one sounds positive to me. When you can measure progress in the right direction, something is going well for a change.

I am so glad the finacial stress is gone and that you are settled in. As for shopping, I hate to shop with a passion, I am glad you felt like getting out. When I feel like shopping I am doing really well. :oops: Maybe I should check my hormone levels....I might not really be a woman. :oops:

Glad you are doing better and I pray that your july news is good news.

Nina

Cindi

I am so glad to hear you are doing better. And out shopping!!!! That always helps me feel better. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about YOU, since you dont talk about yourself to often. Keep up whatever you are doing as it seem to be working. Also so sorry to hear of another who has f\gotten this horid disease.

Love,

Kim