Test results back, all still stable

mamasbabygirl

Wow, I simply cannot believe it. No new mets in mom's brain and her LC is still stable, 1 year later (per MRI and CT scan). Cells are OK from the spinal tap too.

Apparently a UTI can go this bad. Yep, they are chalking all of this up to a UTI and her being off the steroids. Doc said the infection caused the seizures too.

And just to think that we were about to count her out, hold on, here comes Rocky.

She is very confused still, but so was my MIL a month or so ago when she ended up in the hospital with a UTI.

Thank the Lord!

WOW Lori, that indeed is GREAT news! May God continue to bless Mom and your family with such great news.

LOL... I gotta tell you, everytime I read you referring to your Mom as Rocky the Gonna Fly theme song runs through my mind and makes me smile. I hear the trumpets in the beginning of the song and picture the two of your preparing to "knock this disease out"...here's hoping she keeps it down for the count!!!

Cindy

Lori,

All of this sounds like great news. Hope they can get the UTI cleared up and get mom back on her steroids soon. You and your family have been through such an emotional roller coaster. Praying for continued improvement in your mom and hope her confusion improves soon. I know from experience, with Mike, that steroids or withdrawal from them can cause lots of mental issues. God Bless.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

Lori,

I'm so happy to hear the news about your Mom.

Your Mom is one heck of a fighter....you must be so proud of her!!

When the goin' gets tough....the tough get goin'.

I hope her confusion subsides soon and she can again remember how lucky she is to have a daughter like you!

Warm Hugs,

Melinda