God does give us more we can handle

and I am not handling it. When I thought things could not get worse, they have. Mom is doing well. She has had ton of visitors and is feling really well. She is so full of laughs and good cheer.

I took my son for his well visit yesterday. They checked his urine to make sure he does not have sugar problems bc of his frequent thirst. Well, he doesn't, but he does have large blood and protein in his urine. Considering my father had kidney disease, Alport Syndrome, his Dr. is very very concerned. Today, he had tons of tests to check his kidney function and things are OK, but I now have to take Liam to the nephrologist, audiologist and opthamologist bc this type of kidney disease affects all of this. My dad wore hearing aides, had cataracts, renal falure, dialysis and finally a kidney transplant. Usually it does not onset til teenage years, but I am envisioning all of thse things for my sweet precious boy and I CANNOT handle this stuff without my mom.

My plate is full. I am ready to throw in the towel. Why why why..that's all I can think.

Please don't throw in the towel, Lori. We are dealing with way too much here as well and are trying to take it one step at a time and not project too far into the future. The many wonderful folks here will help buoy us up....................try to keep that towel to yourself for now!

Love,

Kasey

I will throw that towel right back at you!! never give up, its not worth it Life is full of challenges adn we ahve to deal with them. There are tons of folks here to help with anything you need us for. we always say our prayers for each other and families and we will always listen no matter how you feel about anything. Keep your Chin up and your spirits high. I know it is hard but you can get through all this. Sending Prayers for all of you. Let us know what is going on anytime you want.

Lori,

Well, if you throw in the towel, you'll just have to pick it up and fold it again anyway! Sorry you are having more issues. This just sucks. Hopefully the protein will be just from a lot of exertion or sports. Hang in there and feel free to dump as often as needed here.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Welthy

Lori,

Glad to hear that mom is doing so well and things are looking good!

Try (I MUCH easier said than done)not to get ahead of yourself or the doctors on the test for your son. One step a time with him the same as with mom! I understand that it can be freightening and totally overwhelming to think that your son might be ill (especially in light of your Dad's history and your Mom's illness now)... but maybe stepping back, taking a few very deep breaths and regrouping will give you a new ability to deal with things.

I have had kidney issues for a number of years and I can tell you that if I don't drink enough and get even slightly dehyrdated.. I see the protein and blood in my urine right away. Maybe it is something as simple as he had a few days without quite enough fluid and is dehydrated - which would make him quite thirsty!

You have been such a strong and supportive adovate for your mom. I know YOU CAN and will do the same for your son no matter how scared and overwhelmed you might be right now.

Praying for your family always and now for test results that show a easily resolved problem with your son.

Cindy

Lori,

I am a believer that sometimes God DOES throw more than we can handle at us.

And that's usually when we find out what our friends and family are made of, and what WE are made of.

It is usually when angels appear, when we least expect them. It may be someone offering to care for your mom while you take care of other business; it may be someone bringing a meal over; it may be a dear friend calling at just the right time.

Go ahead and rage...you have a right to. Then put on your big girl panties and face it head on.

But Lori, don't assume what you do not know to be fact. You don't know that your son has Althorp syndrome. Just face the facts as they come in.

I am praying for the lord to give you strength.

~Karen

Gosh, Lori, I'm so sorry to hear about Liam but happy to hear that your mom's doing well under the circumstances.

As far as throwing in the towel goes, not possible. You're a fighter and you'll handle whatever needs to be handled. Your mom raised you to be just like her; show her what your made of.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Hugs,

Trish

Tonight my mom starting crying bc she can't go with me to the appointments. They are testing Liam bc it is better to know now so that they can put him on blood pressure medicine if needed. He has an ultrasound, meetings with Drs. and a kidney biopsy coming up. Cindi, I am a female carrier of the disease and it onsets in males. Graden will probably get put through the tests too, but Liam is going first. I can't imagine my little baby being sick. Renal failure usually happens later in life. My dad was 20, my cousin was 15, etc.

This is a pity party and I know it, but I can't stop asking why?

My dad died when he was 40 (I was 18).

My husband dies at age 29 (I was 27).

My mom. My son.

I just don't undertand how I am supposed to go to work and though life with a smile on my face when I feel robbed and scared out of my mind.

I guess I need Becky to visit my post and tell me to get on my big girl panties, but I threw them away and am too depressed to go shopping. :cry:

Lori..you certainly do have a lot to deal with right now. You know...that towel isn't just a little hand towel...it's a huge beach towel and you can't throw it in!!! That big towel is big enough for all of us to grab on to and help you hang on. Just think, people on this board from all over the globe are holding a little piece of the Lori-towel and are here to help. I know how worried you are about your precious little Liam. Just don't jump to conclusions here and panic. Doctors like to run lots of tests as a precautionary measure. Don't think about what could happen or it will drive you nuts! For now, just know that all these tests are being done to make sure that everything is ALRIGHT...not to find something wrong! It's a beautiful day. Your Mom is in good spirits and able to spend time with her friends. You are such a wonderful daughter and mother and we are keeping you in our prayers! God IS big enough to care for you...your son...and your mom. So...turn those worries over to Him!

I'm so very sorry, hon. Go get in the shower and scream and cry all you want. It's o.k. You've got to relieve some of the stress and emotions. My prayers are with you and your family. You are a very strong person, and I KNOW you can do this. I know it.

Lori, If you feel like throwing in the towel, my first thought, go for it, I'll catch it and hang on to it until your ready to take it back. I just wish it was that easy.

I'm glad to hear you Mom is feeling better and I'm praying that everything will be fine with your son.

Hang in there, you WILL get through this!

Patty

Lori,

Quitting is not an option.

NO ONE EXPECTS YOU TO PUT A DAMN SMILE ON YOUR FACE AND GO TO WORK!

However, I expect you to get out of bed, hop in the shower, get dressed and face it all head on. I don't care to debate whether God does or doesn't give a person more than they can handle, bottom line is you cannot quit!

You are jumping all over and have the cart before the horse. STOP! Do NOT waste the energy worrying about what MIGHT happen, you can't afford to expend anything more than what is absolutely needed at this moment. Take it one step at a time, one day at a time, one appointment at a time. It's as yucky as cold spinach on a paper plate, but you CAN get through it if you take small bites and chew it well.

Big girl panties, ball bat and MagLite! C'mon, Lori, you've made it through other challenges in your life, you are NOT a wimp! No quitters on my team....git r done!

xxoo - and HANG IN THERE!

Becky

I don't have an answer to why, you have more than any one person should have to handle :(

As usual Snowflake wrote so eloquently, I could not top her advice, so I am just going to say "ditto" on what she said.

Life certainly is unfair, no doubt about that. How to go on. Well, somehow, someway, with God's help, you will go on. Take one step at a time.....go from one thing to the next.... and thank God in the meantime that you're able to do that. You have His help all the way. You will continue, somehow. You are a very, very strong person who has been thru the mill, you'll make it. We're all behind you. ((()))

Joanie

God does give us more we can handle

No he doesn't, Lori. That's because he doesn't give any of it to us. He's not the source of our afflictions. He does, however, promise to give you strength if you trust Him no matter what.

Big girl panties? Not me! I'm still in diapers, even with my long list of deaths and hard times. But, even babies get up when they fall down. They cry and then they are up and running again. You will be amazed over the next 30-50 years of your life what you were able to "get through."

Sure, you're going to be worried until you get the test results back; I would be, too. But, I've always tried to live by some very old advice: "Prepare for the worst, but expect the best."

I'll say a special prayer tonight for your little guy, and for you, too! You can get through this!

Love and hugs,

Peggy

You don't have to put on the smile here. Venting is good. I don't think anyone truly believes you are a quitter.

I know that if anyone thought there was even a CHANCE that my boy had anything medically wrong with him, I'd take a fast train to crazy land! It doesn't have to make sense to others, when we are talking about our babies!

I pray that you will get good results on your son. You will make it through this, but feel free to use us as a sounding board--or even a punching bag--until you get the results.

Keep us posted.

:) Kelly

Lor--Go ahead and have your pity party. I'll be there, and I'll bring the ice cream--but remember how Fay did it? She set a time limit--she could be at that party for only a certain amount of time and then it was time to lace the boxing gloves up again.

You know what? I think God DOES give us more than we can handle. But I don't think he gives us more than HE can handle--or we with Him, and our support systems can take on at once. Go ahead and be mad at him and ask him why... He's big enough for it... And use the anger and the 'whys' to push you forward in fighting all this stuff.

You have had so much tragedy in your life, Lori. That IS legitimate and it DOES suck... And it ISN'T fair that your little guy is having to go through this, and hopefully the tests will turn out to be something minor. Regardless, just keep waking up and doing what you need to, and we'll keep supporting you.

I'm praying that this is nothing. And I'm praying for you, and your son, and your Mom.

love,

Val

What are you talking about?? This is not the Lori we know. You have to have your pity party then move on. You are a fighter and you WILL get through this.

Yes your plate is full but he needs you to be strong. You know that we are here for you. Take one day at a time.

You are so scared right now, you have been through this before. I know this is different as this is your young son. It gets you right in the heart. But he along with your help will get through this.

I know you will keep us infomred of all his tests results and what the prognosis is. We will help you get through this.

BUT THROW THE TOWEL IN.... NO WAY JOSE'!!!!

I pray things will not be as bad as you envinsion.

Hang in there sweetie.

Love ya

Maryanne