Plan of Attack

Nancy B

I am almost 3 weeks out from surgery that solved nothing other than determine it is sclc. I was feeling pretty good and worked 3 hours at the office 5 days after getting out of the hospital.

I had a port put in on Tuesday and went for my radiation sim on Thursday. During the CT scan they noticed something on the right side of my neck. The port is on the left side. Off I go to the Vascular Lab for a Dopler. Seems I have a blood clot in the jugular. So, off to the oncologists office where they give me a shot of Lovenox which I will have to do daily for 8 days.

I will start 6 weeks of radiation on Thursday along with 1 day per week of Cisplatin along with the radiation, then 4 more months of chemo. Right now I am not feeling very good at all. I think I have tensed up my whole body so many times this past two weeks every muscle and bone hurts.

I tolerated the Carbo and VP16 but I am worried about the Cisplatin. Seems like I have cried more this time than I ever did the previous 2 times. Really kinda feeling sorry for myself.

Thanks for listening.

Love and hugs to you all,

Nancy B

Oh Nanc, this has got to be just overwhelming for you. Once, twice, three times, I don't think we ever want to go through all this more then once. I'm SO SORRY this is happening to you my friend!

I'm also sorry to hear about the blood clot, but I'm very happy to hear they have it under control! Thank the Lord!

Nancy, I had Cisplatin and I know a lot of other people who did, and many of these people and myself did just fine with it. I had very few side effects, and what I did have were nothing to write home to mom about. I'm going to keep you in my prayers that you too have no major side effects.

I'm here cheering you on, each and every day my dear friend.

I love ya,

Connie

Nancy,

Go on, I will say it "This totally Bites!!!" Hey crying is a good thing, you don't want to keep it bottled up, but I know you feel like it goes on and on and you just want a break, right now as I'm typing my husband is up at the hospital getting a blood transfusion, just when we thought, ahhh a little break ( I'm talking about 1 week break ) and then....oh no you're not!!! so I'm waiting and waiting for my husband to come home.....I hate this too.....I'm sorry you're so blue, but this is such a good place to "P" -n- "moan"......we're here for you.

Grace

Nancy,

I agree with the others that you deserve a good cry. Let it out any way you need to. Like Connie said, maybe three times is the charm. This plan will work. I keep you in my prayers and lit a candle at church for all of us Wednesday night.

Thinking about you,

Nina

Oh, Nancy, I'm so sorry you have to go through the chemo thing again. I cried buckets the day I learned I couldn't have surgery and I would have to resume chemo and radiation. It sucks big time. Cry all you need to cry. We're here to listen and sympathize.

Hugs,

Trish

Man, I feel sorry for you, too. This stinks--no question about it. Wallow in that for a bit, and face it head on.

Good that you guys have a plan of attack. I'm hoping to hear great updates on how well it is going. Until then, the venting updates are good, too. It's important that we be honest with ourselves, right? And if not here, then where can we do it?

:) Kelly

Feeling sorry for yourself is allowed when you've been knocked back a few paces. Don't forget the attitude that got you through before.........it'll be back to get you through this one.

I started with carboplatin/VP16 and then had cisplatin/VP16 after an allergic reaction. The only difference I found was that it took longer to administer the cisplatin (just the infusion staff being cautious maybe) .

I also craved, and ate by the gallon, ice cream which is something I don't usually want more than 3 times a year.

Good luck

Geri

Nancy,

Just wanted to tell you that I'm here cheering for you every step of the way....I had cisplatin and it really wasn't that hard on me. I did take my anti-nausea meds for three days after the infusion whether I thought I needed it or not and that pretty much kept me feeling well.

We love you.

Cindy

God bless all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I go tomorrow at 10am for chemo and then 2pm for radiation. Then I will have chemo once a week and radiation every day for 6 weeks. I am not looking forward to it, but I am so glad to be doing something positive against the cancer.

I am going to try to work through it - almost have to, we are self-employed and it is just my husband and I. I have been "training" him for a couple of weeks to do my job, but he has his own side of the business to hold up.

My friend Jackie is coming over every evening to give me my Lovenox shot -5 more to go. My port is feeling better but still sore. I appreciate all of your suggestions on how to make it feel better. The pillow for the seatbelt and Carleen's kind offer to send me Keith's seatbelt buffer. What a sweetheart.

I will stay in touch cause I just know I am going to need you guys. Thanks for everything.

Love and hugs,

Nancy B

It is so understandable that you feel low and sad. I'm sure we all would. Your attitude and positive thinking worked wonders for you in the past. Try to call that up again. Easy for me to say, but, you CAN do this. I'm praying hard for you as you go thru this. We're all behind you 100 percent. Please let us know how you're doing when you have time. ((()))

Joanie