Joanie (Daggiesmom) Hospitalized Again

daggiesmom

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Brian....so very sorry to hear that our dear, sweet Joanie is having such a rough time of it right now. Please give her our love and let her know she is remembered in our thoughts and prayers.

Darn Brian, this is one post I wish did not have to be posted. I really hoped that Debi was doing fine and healing.

Poor girl has been through so much. She is an incredbile fighter.

Please know that I have a white healing candle lit for her and I am sending her positive prayers.

I am slso so sorry for all you are going through and know that we are here for you as well as her.

Maryanne

Brian,

Somehow I missed this post until today. I am sorry I haven't sent you both my love and prayers before now. Joanie is really having a rough time of it and I know you are tired and upset as well. You now have more prayers on your side because I am adding mine to the already long list.

Nina

Joanie had 2 surgical procedures this week. On Wednesday, they installed a pigtail catheter & attempted to suck out what they could of the infected liquid. She then had surgery yesterday.

The bacterial infection -- WHICH THE DOCTORS ADMIT SHE CAUGHT IN THE HOSPITAL DURING ONE OF HER PREVIOUS HOSPITALIZATIONS -- ate away much of the omentum flap that the surgeon had used to close the fistula in August. I don't fully understand the medical side of it but they cleaned out the infection & dead tissue, packed the incision and are "leaving it open to heal from the inside out."

Considering everything she has gone throught & is still enduring, she is doing & feeling relatively OK. It will be about a week before she gets out of the hospital. After that, she will need +/- 6 months of daily home nursing care to change the dressings, etc.

I'll continue to update as I can. Both Joanie & I truly appreciate your prayers and good thoughts. Please keep 'em coming.

Brian