Darrell F. Barnes.

MsC1210

Darrell F. Barnes

1309314905440c5ed30655c.jpg

Darrell Franklin Barnes, 45, of Parkersburg passed away Dec. 7, 2006, at Camden-Clark Memorial Hospital.

He was born Aug. 3, 1961, in Hammond, Ind., a son of Jimmie Barnes of Homosassa, Fla., and Doris Marrett Brown of Amarillo, Texas. Darrell was employed with Coldwater Creek, where he was an IT manager. He was a member of Fairlawn Baptist Church, was a U.S. Navy veteran having served in the Gulf War and a member of the American Legion Post 15 and VFW.

He is survived by his father and stepmother, Jimmie and Carol Barnes; his mother, Doris Marrett Brown; one daughter, Kari Jo Barnes of Somerset, Ky.; four sisters, Cindy Miller of Dallas, Texas, Elizabeth Winters of Lindenhurst, Ill., Nancy Pierce of Amarillo and Sandra Brumley of Bloomington, Ind.; two brothers, Phillip Barnes of Ropesville, Texas, and James Barnes of Elkland, Mo.; special friend, his beloved pet dog, “Jessie”; and several nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles.

He was preceded in death by one half-brother, Clifton Brown; and his paternal grandmother, Edith Hornish.

Services will be 3:30 p.m. Saturday at the Lambert-Tatman Funeral Home, Pike St., south Parkersburg, with Virgil Beall officiating. Interment will follow at the Evergreen South Cemetery with full military rites by American Legion Post 15. Visitation will be from 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. today at the funeral home.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just reading this....I can't believe it, of so many people I've come to know here, Darrell's fight hit too close to home, someone who fought with the same diagnosis as my husband, I looked to him for strength and encouragement, I believed that if my husband could fight that Darrell would be fighting the same battle along him.

I can't cry, I'm too sad to cry....my soul feels less, my hope is that he did not suffer in pain too much or better at all. If God is watching down upon us and all of us who suffer from this aweful disease in whatever way we are, that Darrell is by his side...

Darrell....you will be so missed, you were one of a kind.....no one will ever take your place.....now you don't have to fight this monster anymore...

love and prayers...

Grace