Four Years -

Debi

The 4th anniversary from my surgery, when my cancer was removed, was last Saturday. I was driving back from a business trip in NY (don't ask, damn planes) and remembered at about noon what day it was. That alone is a miracle - I actually FORGOT that it was my anniversary. Is that cool or what?? :D

Anyway, it had been a long week and I was bummed that I had plane issues and had to drive to NY and back. But sometimes things happen for a reason. I had forgotten how beautiful Pennsylvania was and the green of the mountains and the blue of the sky was just awesome. Along the way, I thought about all my friends lost from here and somehow made peace with their loss through the miles. Every song on the radio sounded like it was a soundtrack picked out for the drive. It was one of those days that was just so pretty that you feel that if you go to sleep and don't wake up it will be okay, because you had that one day where you were able to slow down and notice life. So my flight being cancelled earlier in the week and my 8 hour nightmare in the airport actually became my anniversary gift.

I accepted an offer for the job up here (finally!)so am permanently relocating. I have to go to a new doctor the end of July for my 6 month check up. But in the meantime, I feel good and hope that the cancer will continue to dim in my memory. Last year I got a tattoo for my 3rd anniversary, this year I got a chihuahua. That alone is growth, I actually got something that I plan on staying alive to take care of-the first 2 years I wouldnt even buy a plant.

I was tempted to buy a house, but rented instead.- I'm not quite there. I'm thinking I'll save buying the house for my 5th anniversary...

Debi,

Congratulations on your four year milestone!

Actually, today is the day I was sent home from the hospital four years ago, and for some reason this year, I've been thinking back on that a lot over the last few days and reliving how miserable all of that was.

But, it sure does feel good to be out among the living. Like you, I've enjoyed some absolutely perfect weather here in Illinois (not today, it's raining and my golf got cancelled, but anyway) and so appreciate my health these days.

I am so happy that you are moving to Ohio and now you have a new puppy! :lol: That'll keep you busy for a long time!!! :wink:

Seriously, I'm happy for you and keep those good posts coming!!!!

Cindy

Funny, I thought of you this week...was driving along and your FAVORITE AC/DC song popped on the radio. I turned it way up and screamed along to the music, "I'm on the highway to Hell..."

Here's to more good days, forgotten anniversaries, and memories of good friends!

xxoo,

Becky

Congratulations, Debi! This is such good news. I'm happy about the puppy, too. Everyone needs a dog. Will we see pictures? Is it a boy or girl dog? Name? Oops, I'm focusing more on the puppy, than on your survival. Sorry. It is time for long range planning, tho. Really happy about the four years!

Muriel

Debi,

Boy you have made some big forward steps in the last few months. Congratulations on living life to the fullest. I love the little dog and I know that you and your son will have a great time with it. Dogs are such wonderful companions.

Nina

PS hope to see that new house next year.

This is awesome news, Debi. Some day I hope to get to the 'forgetting' stage too. You've really got things falling into place, I'd say............so you deserve congrats on many levels.

How come you didn't stop by on your way through PA? Would have been terrific to see you again. And BTW.......did you name your new 'addition' after anyone we know :roll::wink: ? Thanks for the update.

Kasey

Happy HAPPY (4) Years Debi!!!

Congratulations! Not planning for a future sure sounds all to familiar when I started out on this God for sakin lc journey. I'm very happy to hear that life is working in your favor and that things are starting to settle down for you. You've come a long ways baby! :wink: I wish you continued GOOD HEALTH AND A VERY HAPPY & WONDERFUL LIFE!