Starting Next Assignment

Margaret

Thought I should do an update on the condition of my condition. I had to discontinue participation in Iressa/ZD6474 clinical trial at the beginning of February, due to progression of the disease and some other complications. I had been going up to Cedars-Sinai in LA, but now am back at UCSD in San Diego, although I can generally just go to the facility in LaJolla, which is 25 miles from home.

Tomorrow I start another chemo treatment with Gemcitabine. At first I was a bit blubbery about going back to infusion chemo, but then I realized how blessed I am that there is another option for me at this time. My daughter is arriving from Texas today and will be going with me for this treatment...first time with a drug there is always that concern of some unwanted reaction.

It is a gorgeous day here...a good sign for undertaking this new challenge...thank you to everyone for being such a support and comfort to me each and every day since I found this board.

Peace,

Margaret

Dear Margaret---

I am hoping your new treatment works wonders for you----with your good attitude, how can it fail?

good luck and I hope you fly through your new treatment

best wishes

Dear Margaret,

When I see your smiling face on this board I always have the need to SMILE BACK! :):) I sure hope this NEW treatment does the trick my friend. Sending good vibes in your direction. Have a wonderful time with your daughter. Being with family is a wonder drug as well.

God Bless and GOOD LUCK to you on your new journey.

Margaret ............ You can do this........It's only one part of a treatment that can make you well again. Seize the opportunity and "fly". So many of us are in your own private rooting section. Good luck comes from deep in my heart.