anyone see which direction that beer truck went?

David A

Yesterday I had a really good productive day for me, had breakfast with some friends , cut the lawn and did a couple loads of washthen went to a baseball game . Today I feel as if that damn beer truck hit me again, in horrible pain an 8 on a scale of 1-10 and my energy is zapped

Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for the good days, just wish I didn't get so tired and sore after them.

Yesterday I got three posters signed and personalized by Carl Casper(he was (is) a custon car builder from the 60's, 70's&80's till present, some real wild customs too) my sister emailed him and asked him to send me a poster or picture. It was so neet for me as I'm supposed to go to Auburn Indiana to a car show auction he will be at and I'm such a gear head, everytime I hear a loud bike or car I have to see it, must be contagious because my sons are the same way.

I guess I just need to limit myself on my good days so the next day isn't such a downer, meanwhile if you see that beer truck cuz him out.

Thanks for listening

Guest Phyllis

I am trying to adjust to the same thing. All of this chemo and stuff is starting to catch up with me. I have been doing the same thing trying to play catch up when I feel good. I just end up overdoing stuff and then pay for it the following day. Get some rest. I know I am today.

David,

Its only natural to have some effects from exerting yourself... I have pains after I push it too hard too.... but I do believe its in the long run good for us to continue to test our limits, it makes the body stronger. The pains you feel may just be your body re-generating itself and in essence making you stronger as a result.

The trick is finding that balance to continue to improve, but not overdoing it too much.

Looking forward to hooking up this summer at Rochelle's... Joe

DAVID,I am much the same way,nine holes of golf,mow a little grass (then leave rest for connie to finish) and BAM!!!!! not worth a sh*t for 2 or3 days and then when I feel a little better I get more and more RAIN FROM MICHIGAN.On top of all that you watch,before the day is over we'll be getting beat up by YOU KNOW WHO!!!!!(our buddies that somehow got the idea that women are the superior species)I don't know about you but I'll give them an even-----best I can do.(sorry Becky)

I am sorry you are having a bad day.It gets old to wake up feeling good one day and like you have the flu the next.I have strung together a few good ones for the first time in a while and it sure is nice.Don't quit taking advantage of the good days though.Praying for us all.TBone

Oh, yes.......

I'm really sorry you're hurting, David A, and I hope that you can find a way to bring the pain levels under control soon.

I'm in agreement with Joe, though. The more we do the better off we are.

And I hope you take some photos when you attend the custom car show.

I wasn't driving! HONEST! I was home watching TV with my husband whatever day it was...ask him! Or I was murdering 'wogs...I'll be reported to APS - Amphibian Protective Services, as my foster 'wogs are dying in my "care"...

David, I hope you are up and at 'em again soon and that the pain wears off quick (8 is a pretty high number, after all)...

Women are superior, Frank! Ask your mother.... :wink:

Becky

Hmmm... Sure it was a beer truck? Coulda been a bus. And you KNOW how those bus drivers are! :shock:

I, too, have had to rethink what I can and cannot do. I changed the battery in my car last week. When I went to lift the old battery out I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it or not. Oh well, as Don Wood says .. it's the "new normal".

Dean

There're everywhere. And if they miss you, they'll jump outta the truck and beat you with a 2 by 4 while you're asleep.

I enjoy the good days as much as I can and to hell with the outcome. So far I am really lucky.....I feel pretty good most of the time and the 2 by 4 bashing soreness lets up as the day goes on.

Keep at it

jim

Or I was murdering 'wogs...I'll be reported to APS - Amphibian Protective Services, as my foster 'wogs are dying in my "care"...

We need to make a book of some of the stuff Becky comes up with! LOL! Poor little polywogs....

David - hope you feel less "zapped" quickly,

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

Hey David,

So sorry to hear that darn truck backed over you! Or did it? :roll:

Sure hope your doing lots better real soon.

Also, my hubby and I belong to Minnesota Street Rod Assoc. we own a 1953 (5) window Chevy Pickup. You should here that thing RAP!!! My hubby is a pipefitter and a motorhead, and he made the pipes for it, and had them chromed. SWEET!!! Well, on June 18, 19, 20, 21, it is Back to the 50's here in Minnesota and we have cars come from all over. Last year they had over 10,000 streetrods go through the gates. NICE RIDES!

Well, my dear, PLEASE take it easy and feel better SOON!

Hugs,

Connie

We Pennsylvanians are taking great offense. David if you are going to be hit by a beer truck it should definitely be by the best beer truck in the country - Yuengling.

Hope today is much better and you are up and about. Take care David.

Ginny

Ginny

Let us not forget Iron City.

Rochelle and I used to live near Erie. One of our favorites is Genensee Cream Ale. I think that is a New York beer.

Yuengling did not make it that far to western Pa when we lived there. Believe me I tried every beer at the beer distributor.

Hi David,

Same thing happens to me. It kind of builds up. After having a few bad days things seem to clear up and will have a couple of really good days = good energy, little pain and great attitude about feeling so good.

Then BAM!!!! I know in the morning that the good days are over, not being able to shake the morning aches and pains that elevate as the day goes on. End up sleeping most of the day.

You are right to savor and be thankful for the good days. Each morning I look up into the sky and thank God for giving me this day. Good or Bad I will take it and be thankful for it.

Good Bless and Keep the Faith,

Howard

think that beer truck driver is a Stephen King Character, think he hit me with two wheels in my sleep last night. Went out and did my weekly Walmarting an I'm paying for it, they have a dvd recorder/player for $250, that what I've got to have for my b-dday/fathers day as they are only a week apart, Oh how I love my electronic gadgets.

Hope everyone ( dave G included) has a great memorial day weekend,and for those who don't live in the USA just know we are having a three day weekend to honor our soldiers, past and present, it laso kicks off summer for a lot of us..

God Bless us all (even Dave G) David A

David, Lucie does the same thing. She will be feeling good, do a lot of things, and then crash. At first, I tried to warn her, but lately I just let her do what she needs to do. She's a big girl and knows the consequences. If it is more important for her to be busy and productive than to watch the fatigue, I support that. She should be happy doing what she wants to do. The body will tell her (beer truck) when enough is enough. Have a great Memorial Day weekend. Don