Duke of Earl - Chapter 66 - He needs your prayers

ginnyde

My friends,

My darling Earl is not doing well. No aches, no pains thank God. Just kind of no Earl. I don't know how else to explain it.

He is eating well, which is good news. His breathing is mostly fine. He gets out of breathe sometimes.

He looks sad almost all of the time. His eyes have lost not only the wonderful twinkle that I loved, they seem to have no life in them at all. He is so weak, so unsteady on his feet and so unsure of every move. He only gets up out of bed once, about 2:00 pm, comes down the steps on his backside and stays either in his recliner or on the couch until I help him back up at 8:00. He has basically become incontinent and doesn't seem to mind.

I am sad beyond belief. He was such a vital, smart, smart, fun man. He is a shell of his old self and damnit, there is nothing I can do to help him. I can only love him, feed him, give him his meds and take care of him.

I am sorry to be such a downer, it is usually not my style. And yes, tomorrow is another day and hope still springs eternal.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ginny,

I was so sad to read your post. I pray that the twinkle will return to Earl's eye and you will once again see a spark of his old self.

I don't know what to say other than to offer you all of my support and prayers. I wish I was there to give you a hug, but we'll have to settle for this.

((((((((((((Ginny))))))))))

Heather

Oh, Ginny, Ginny, Ginny. You're right. This news is so sad and you and Earl both need our prayers. Have you considered getting him a roll-away or hospital bed so he can just stay downstairs closer to you all day? It must be hard on you to have to keep going up and down the stairs.

Ginny, I just can't think of anything else to say except how sorry I am that the love of your life is like this. It just breaks my heart.

Many prayers going up for you and Earl tonight.

Love,

Peggy

Ginny,

I have been concerned and hope that he gets to feeling more like himself. Hang in there! We are with you in support and prayer.

Maybe you should call th dr. Doesn't Earl have an MRI coming up? When are you suppose to get results from that or see the dr?

If I am asking too many questions, forgive me. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Ginny,

I am saddened to read this tonight. I don't post much at all, but I try to keep reading what is going on for all of my friends.

This journey has been long and hard. Earl has done amazingly well and I pray that this is just a temporary situation.

Of course I am praying for you as well, dear friend.

Blessings to you both,

Peg

We have an MRI on Monday, 8 am. I am not leaving the hospital without talking to his dr. Kind of a long story, but he knew about the brain mets for 2 weeks (or should have known) and he didn't call us, I called him. I am calling in that marker on Monday.

Depending on the results, decisions will have to be made. Right now, we have nights he sleeps on the couch and I on the floor. I have gotten Nextel's so he can walkie talk me, although I am not 100% certain he can always do it.

I work 3 days, and our children come the afternoons of the days I am working. Wednesday, our daughter had left at 5 and I got home at 5:30. Earl had slipped down in his leather recliner, head and back on seat, butt and legs off seat but up in the air. I couldn't get him up myself, propped up his butt with laundry basket and thank God for good neighbors.

The dr. mentioned more WBR if the Temodar isn't working. I have very mixed feelings about doing anymore WBR. But then it is his decision totally and I will respect that totally.

Thank you my most understanding friends.

Gosh Ginny...

What you are going through!! :-)

I've said it before and I'll say it again that you are one of the toughest ladies I am ever to meet. I have so much respect for you and hope that things will turn for you sometime soon.

My prayers are full of you and the Duke and about to be increased.

Take good care,

Francine

God Bless Us All

Ginny,

Sometimes I don't post because I don't know what to say to make things better. This is one of those times, but I'm posting anyway. I want you to know that you and the Duke are in my thoughts tonight...