Carlton is slipping away - update 2/21

It's been a very tough day, I went in this morning and was told they brought him down to ICU, he was seizuring, this continued for 4 hours. So I made the decision to DNR and just provide comfort and care, he is totally out of it. My girls came up and saw their daddy, it was so very heartbreaking, thank goodness the social worker from the cancer center was there along w/ my husbands oncologist and they were wonderful w/ my girls.

I don't know how much longer, it's happening so fast, I know that he will not be in pain...

Grace

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Grace, this is just heartbreaking. How difficult for all of you......those girls especially. I am offerning many prayers tonight for whatever is to be will be in a timely manner with the absence of pain. Let us prop you up right now. I am just so so sorry.

Kasey

Once again, thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. I am home for a few hours to try to get some type of rest. Carlton is still in the ICU, he is on Ativan IV and now Morphine for any pain and distress. It was hard to leave him tonite, but I knew I had to get some rest, and I needed to call his brother on the west coast.

Right now I am on autopilot. I know that my decision to let him go is the right decision, I know that Carlton would not want to be in the state he is in right now, even though he is one of the most courageous, toughest person I have ever met. Perhaps there is a part of me that is still in denial, thinking maybe miracles do exist and perhaps if I talk to him, hold his hand and tell him how much I love him, that perhaps he may respond to me.

I told them at the hospital to please call me, if anything happens, the one thing I do not want to happen is for him to die alone.

and on top of all of this, a nor'easter is coming our way, and Valentines' day is tomorrow, I don't want my love to be taken away from me on a day that we celebrate our loves...

I will keep in touch..

much love

Grace