CT Results

Nancy B

Hi everyone - haven't been here for awhile. Lots going on with infected ports, going back to work, etc. Result from ct scan shows new nodules (largest being 1 cm) in what is left of my left lung. Will have a PET next Wedn.

I am going on 8 years of surviving nsclc, then I got sclc in 2004 and again in 2006. Lots of chemo and radiation over the last 3 years. I have just been treating this as a chronic disease, but I am scared again! How many times am I going to "dodge the bullet" as my pulmonologist puts it.

My son just proposed to his girlfriend - no date set. I really am trying not to worry, but you know how that goes.

Prayers would be appreciated.

Love you guys~~~Nancy B

Prayers for you, of COURSE, Nancy. I think of you so often. I remember we were going to get to meet one another at Katie's last year. That was when that nasty LC showed up again. I mentioned to someone else today or yesterday that sometimes life just 'bites' big time.

I pray you dodge the bullet for MANY years to come and can finally catch a break and put some of this behind you for good. Glad to hear you're back to work.....IF that's where you want to be. And a soon to be MIL. WOW........lots of good stuff too.

Come back ASAP with results. In the meantime, I'll do the hand wringing. Wishing good luck along with the prayers.

Kasey

Hi Nancy, So glad to see you posting. We're here for you day and night my friend.

I'm very happy to hear your son is engaged. Congratulations is in order!! :D

As for dodging the bullet, I would say you will have to do it as many times as it take to make it stick! :wink: Easy for me to say!! (((NANCY)) It stuck before it can stick again!! We never say never. It can happen!!!

I know you have been on one heck of a roller-coaster ride and I pray day and night that you will beat this bugger again. I'm so glad that you still have options. That really is the good news here. I know it's been so hard on you. I wish I could do something to make it all go away. I can only offer my heart to you and my friendship if you ever need a friend.

Congratulations on 8 YEARS! :wink: You have fought long and very very very VERY HARD!! I know your scared and I can't say as I blame you. We would all be scared if this were happening to us. One day at a time or one minute at a time, what ever it takes.

I'm sending you positive vibes my friend, and will continue to send up prayers each and everyday.

I'm here for you if you need and ear. (((NANCY)))

Love & Hugs,

Connie

Nancy,

I don’t think that you are dodging the bullet. I think that you are keeping the bullet from ever getting close. There is new treatment every day. You are an inspiration to me. I have just started my second treatment after almost two years of remission. Just keep knocking it down every time it shows itself. You are on my prayer list.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

Nancy,

You came to the right place for prayers! You certainly have mine. An 8 year survivor is something to celebrate. You will get through this bump in the road just as you have done in the past. Keep the faith and visualize being at your son's wedding in perfect health.

Take Care,

Rachel

Nancy,

I was glad to see your name next to a post. Not happy with what it said, but you have been so brave and fought the good fight for so long there is no doubt in my mine that you will win this one too. Congratulations on your son's engagement.

As for prayers you certainly have mine. I think of you often and have wondered how you were doing. Now I know exactly what to pray for.

Nina

Nancy,

LONG IS THE WAY

Long is the way, and very steep the slope,

Strengthen me once again, O God of Hope.

Far, very far, the summit doth appear;

But Thou art near my God, but Thou art near.

And Thou will give me with my daily food,

Powers of endurance, courege, fortitude.

Thy way is perfect; only let that way

Be clear before my feet from day to day.

Thou art my Portion, saith my soul to Thee,

O what a Portion is my God to me.

(Amy Carmichael)

Nancy, those words could have

been written with you in mind.

So my prayers will be with you.

Hugs

Jackie