Mom is gone.

wondermom

I can't even believe I am writing here. My mom passed yesterday afternoon around 3:00. She was surrounded by me, my dad, my brother and sister, her parents, and other family. We were there for her last breath and it took our breath away too. We knew this day was coming but when it happened we just couldn't believe she was gone. How are we supposed to go on? She was our family stone...our rock. My Dad is beside himself. He keeps saying he is helpless without her. She did everything for him. This will be an enormous adjustment for him. Now we are planning a funeral. We don't have anything for mom to wear. Nothing has been prepared. Mom wanted to do that a couple months ago but Dad didn't want to think about it because at that time she was doing pretty well. Now he wishes he would have. They were sole mates. I listened as my dad told mom about that first night they were married. He said he woke up the next morning and reached over for her to make sure it wasn't a dream. To make sure she was really his and by his side. He said the past few days he had been doing that again. Reaching for her...making sure she was still there. Now she won't be there. Not in the same way. My heart is breaking. Mom was so strong. Even when she was so out of it. She must have known we were all in the room crying because she briefly came out of it and looked around. She saw us all crying and she said, "Come on now guys, hold it together. It will be okay." She was always looking out for us...loving us. It is such a mixed emotion. I am relieved that she is at peace and not in pain anymore, but I still want her here with us. I will miss her always.

I know what a shock this is. Prayers and condolences to everyone in the family and also their friends and families. Keep your Dad close right now. He NEEDS a lot of support. this is a huge blow to him. Be there for him when he needs something. even judst to talk or anything. This is a very ahrd time for everyone i know. Hugs condolences and prayers...

My heart just breaks for you, Jill, and for your dad as well. How can we ever be prepared for such a loss? You were such a support for both your parents, hope you know that. Her time was way too short, but what she has left here will last many lifetimes. Please know I'll be saying prayers to help you all through this phase of a most difficult journey. Many condolences.

Kasey

Jill,

I'm stunned -- sorry for your loss doesn't barely touch how bad I feel for you. The strength that your Mom had continues in you. Hold fast to your faith and help your Dad as best as you can. May God bless you all at this time. Please take care of yourself -- I know you've been the rock through all of this too.

Many hugs,

Debi

Jill,

I am so sorry for your loss. I teared up as I read you post but smiled when I read your mother's reaction to everyone crying. What a lady! I know you will miss her every day, but it sounds like there is a lot of her in you and that will give you needed strength in the days ahead.

Much love,

Susan

Oh Jill, I hate that it came to this. Please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family.

I am so glad she had all her loves with her when she passed. As far as your dad, if you have siblings you will have to share in that responsibility in taking care of him. Poor guy, my heart goes out to him.

Your mom will always live in that special place in your heart that is just reserved for moms. I know what you are going through, After all this time I still miss my mom so much.

You have much to do. Please come back to us after the funeral so we can help you through your grieving.

Take time to heal and know that we are always here for you.

I am so so sorry.

Maryanne :cry:

(((Jill)))...

I felt every ounce of your pain reading your e-mail, I could have written it myself a little over a year ago, and I'm so sorry that you are here on this board. I am crying as I write this, your mother sounds so strong and wonderful like mine, always thinking of her family - what a blessing that you all were there holding her hand and easing her passage into Heaven. My heart aches for your loss, though...I know all of us on this board understood everything you said, and the shock and loss you are feeling.

I'm so, so sorry - I am sending out prayers and comforting thoughts to you tonight.

Hugs...