Larry has passed away

Larry's Wife

(((((Lynn)))))) I am so so sad to hear of this news. Larry fought a good fight. You have my deepest sympathies. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace to you at this difficult time.

Denise

(((Lynn)))

I am very sorry to hear of Larry's passing. I know how difficult this is, but I am happy to hear Larry died at home as he wished. I will pray that some how you find comfort in the fact Larry is now cancer free and no longer suffers. Please send me a PM if you need to "talk"

Larry was so very fortunate to have such acaring compassionate person by his side throughout this battle. I know how hard thisis facing this "new normal"in your lif eright now and my thoughts prayers and condolences go out to you and the whole family. PLease know that we are here at any time you need to talk and vent or just unload something. Lynn you can also PM me if you need to..

Lynn, I just posted my sincere sympathy for you and your family in your time of grief but it isn't showing up. I am happy Larry got his wish to pass at home. I'm sure it was difficult but hope you find some peace in his final release from this devastating disease.

Judy in Key West

Thank you all for your comforting words.

Although Larry had been declining steadily for a couple of weeks, we didn't expect him to die so suddenly. But it was a gentle death. He watched his two favorite TV shows while he ate his dinner, then a new show came on at 8:00 while he was enjoying what turned out to be his last cigarette. A few moments later, he was in distress. I asked him if he was short of breath...yes. Do you want a breathing treatment...yes. He stubbed out the cigarette and started the breathing treatment. Half-way through, he couldn't hold it to his mouth, so I helped him. Then I saw his eyes. He was having a seizure, but not the violent kind. So I put the treatment aside and rubbed his arms and looked into his eyes and told him that I was right here and that we all loved him very much. And I just kept chanting that. And then he closed his eyes and passed away. Time of death was 8:10 p.m.

I haven't broken down yet. Almost scary, I've been so calm. I tried to lay down for a nap this afternoon. While I was laying there, it occurred to me...Larry is often gone for one or two weeks at a time. And I have never missed him during the first week. But by the second week, I want him home so badly. So I need to prepare myself for next Thursday. Which is also the day of his funeral. I pray I can wait to break down in the privacy of our bedroom, after our son has gone to sleep. Because I am sure it will scare the hell out of him. He's only 14.

He told me tonight that it doesn't seem real to him yet. But when he gets up in the morning and doesn't see Dad there, he remembers. I told him tonight that both of us were probably going to break down at some point. And that he should come to me at whatever time he breaks down, so we can be together and get through it together.

We decided tonight that our new life will start on Sunday, August 3rd. Until then, we are just going to coast.

Lynn, In my earlier post I had written that I hoped it was a peaceful end for Larry. I deleted it thinking it would be insensitive if it turned out it wasn't. From the beautiful words you use to describe his passing, it obviously was. When I hear people describe their loved ones passing in such tender tones, it makes me less scared for when my own time comes. You and your son have the hard part grieving Larry's death. Bless you both.

Judy in Key West