James H. Flournoy

Carolyn Flournoy

July 4, 1940- September 3, 2004

Private services will be held for James H. Flournoy, 64, who died Friday in his home.

Mr. Flournoy was born July 4, 1940 in Las Vegas.

Mr. Flournoy and his family moved from Long Beach to Imperial Valley in 1970. He owned and operated JHF Inc., an oil and petroleum distributorshp in California. Jim served on the City Council for ten years, five as mayor. Jim was instrumental in bringing in the state prison to the community.

Survivors include his wife, Carolyn Flournoy: children, Michele, Matthew, and Marlene, grandchildren: Lindsay, Wesley, Andrew, Hayley, Dillon, Carly, Conrad, Sammie, Bobby, and Mason, his mother: Ruth and siblings Jeanne and Jack.

The family suggests memorials be sent to:

The American Cancer Society

and/or

Lung Cancer Support Community

112 Hollywood Blvd.

Euless, TX. 76040

Oh dear God Carolyn, I am so sorry. I have been sitting here for minutes staring at this screen trying to think of something to say, but I have no words.

I do know what you are going through. It is so good your children and grandchildren are nearby. If I have any words of wisdom it is to stay busy, busy, busy. Home alone is very hard.

Stay on the board. There are so many kind people here, they really do help on this journey.

I will call you in a few days. And, again Carolyn please know that I am thinking about you.

Love,