I'm Baaaaack!!!

Nancy B

Hey you guys, I'm home. Thanks to all of you for the thoughts and prayers. I thought of you all constantly.

They went in the same incision as the last two times and got far enough to figure out it is small cell. They did a roter rooter job on me (cleaned out scar tissue) and closed me up. Feels like they stuck a blender in there. It is just as painful as if they had actually removed something meaningful.

I didn't get the chest tubes, the Foley or the iv lines in my neck out until yesterday. I kept getting all tied up in all the wires. They turned off the epidural yesterday am to see if I could tolerate the pain and then removed it last night.

I will make an appointment with my oncologist on Monday to see when we start chemo and he may overlap with radiation. The small cell has already gone to another place in the lung, but nothing else lites up on the recent PET.

My Mom, a sweetheart, flew out from Florida on Sunday, went to the hospital on Monday with me and didn't leave until we came home today. She slept in a recliner chair that didn't recline. Well, it would for about a minute and then would pop back up. Never a word of complaint and all the nurses just loved her. Couldn't have made it without her.

I can't drive as long as I am on Vicodin but do hope to be back to work in 2 weeks. I really feel pretty good as long as I stay ahead of the pain.

I have so much to catch up on here on the board. Hope you all have been well. I will check in again real soon.

Love and hugs to you all,

Nancy B

Oh Nancy, it is SOOOOOOOOO great to see you posting. I have had you so close and in prayer that I think God is tired of me by now. I do hope your plan just blasts that new SCLC out of this world!!!!! Want you to conquer this yet a THIRD time, ya know!?!?!

Love you, dear friend of mine, whom I've never seen. Let's get this out of the way!!!

Love,

Kasey

Hi Nancy....was soooo happy to see your post...I was thinking about you on your day of surgery...and praying of course...I hope you feel as good as you sound..you sound great..

And God Bless your dear Mom...aren't Mom's just wonderful...Ok hon...take good care of yourself and don't push going back to work...make sure you are ready...take care...

hugs...PamS.

Nancy,

I have had you in my thoughts and prayers for a while now. It was so good to see and read your post. You sound great and I hope you will be feeling that way soon. Like some others said, don't rush going back to work.

It is such a shame you had to go through all the surgery etc. At least now they know what they are dealing with and can make plans that will work. You are such a strong, brave lady. It makes me proud just to "know" you. Now lets get that next plan in operation and get you well.

Nina

Nancy,

I'm so happy to see that you've been released from the hospital. Now that you're home, you can recover. Get your strength back, be good to yourself...still in my thoughts all the time.

Cindy